chapter 12

Copyright © 2012 by akm

_______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Twelve:

School Ends Finally

The cafeteria was really big, but that didn't mean it could fit the school.

Not everybody sat inside, though; a lot actually hung out in the courtyard or left the campus. I usually ate with my friends at the table in the corner of the courtyard, but sometimes I'd bother Nathan for lunch money or annoy him in front of his friends. It was amusing to everyone but him. But he had the best sense of humor, so he always had a comeback.

I shoved my tray down the line and thought whether to grab a banana or an apple. I decided on an apple and continued when my friends came up with their lunch trays.

"Hey," I greeted, looking from each of their faces. Marcy, Lila, and Nina.

"Are you going out with Nathan?" Marcy asked, the others' faces curious.

"Yeah, I am," I replied, scooting down and picking a brownie with thick frosting. Yum. It made my mouth water and I hurried to get to my seat.

"What happened?" Lila pitched in when my butt plopped down.

I felt the Sweetharts in my back pocket and smiled as I pulled the package out. Then arms wrapped around me, practically knocking the breath out of me, and I felt a chin on my shoulder.

"Hey," he whispered, his breath tickling my face.

I was speechless and breathless so I couldn't reply. But I turned my head to look into his eyes when his lips crashed on mine tenderly. I closed my eyes and let it take me away.

A throat cleared and he pulled away, his lips lingering carefully on mine. He sat beside me and slid his backpack down his shoulder onto the ground. His arm securely tightened around my waist and pulled me closer.

"Aww," Nina almost shrieked.

I rolled my eyes and began to eat my lunch. I was surprised he didn't have his own lunch, until I realized he just wanted to steal my chips. I was about to fight him back for them, but with that smile, I couldn't resist. So I gave up my precious Lays Original, my favorite. But I munched happily on my pepperoni pizza instead.

He entertained us and it felt like the quickest twenty-five minutes of my life.

The bell rang right when he arched his wrist and launched my water bottle into the trash. He also scarfed down half my brownie (I was grateful for half) before kissing my cheek with a mouthful of chocolate and headed off. I made a face and wiped off my cheek before throwing everything in the garbage and running to class.

When school finally finished, I walked out into the hall with Nathan's hand in mine. Dylan passed us and forced a smile, giving me a high five like always.

His brother was nice to me but I'd known Nathan longer and I heard about Dylan's reputation. Not exactly Mr. Lover. He usually had a new girlfriend at least every month and always had that bad ass act. Incredibly so, all the girls swooned over him, but mostly (my) Nathan.

I looked up at him, observing how he nodded with his iPod which almost never came out of his ear and how he popped his gum. His hair looked a bit messy, but in a cute way. He always did a weird guy handshake thing with just about every boy in the hall. He also stopped to hug a few girls (I was not jealous, I was not jealous . . . okay, maybe a little) right in front of me. Some gave me smirks and I almost slapped that off their faces. But I decided to do the next best thing.

I tapped Nathan on the shoulder and when he turned, I pulled his collar down to my height and smashed my lips to his, sliding my hands around his neck and through his hair. He kissed back and pulled me tighter, and I knew we were blocking the hallway. But we didn't care.

I tried to pull away when I realized the halls were starting to thin but he trailed kisses along my neck before letting me pull him to my locker.

As I turned the dial, he watched me, leaning against the other lockers. I let my eyes fall on him a few times but focused on getting my notebooks. I had science and math homework. Yay.

I groaned and slammed the locker, slinging my backpack over one shoulder.

"What?" he asked, slipping his hand in mine.

"I have homework," I replied, turning the corner.

"It's high school, Pammy. We're gonna have homework."

"Yeah, but I'm still gonna complain. You just copy mine, anyway, so you can't say anything."

He held the door open for me and I bent below his arm slowly.

"But you know you can't resist me," he told me, our faces close.

I knew it, he knew it.

I ducked and continued out of the school grounds to his car. He unlocked it after fishing around for a few minutes in his black hole that he called a backpack. Boys were never organized.

He held the door open for me again and closed it behind me, before rounding his baby to his side and starting up the engine. He revved it loudly, smirking at me as he did so. Principal Thomas shook his fist from a window and we laughed histerically. When he pulled out, he placed one hand on the wheel and the other on my leg.

My heart almost burst from my chest.

Chapter 12(: Kinda filler but I'm gonna keep doing fills until I REALLY surprise you and turn this around.  Just gonna have to keep sticking with me(:

I really need more comments and votes and a NEW NAME!  Thanks to all 200 something of you!!!! :') I just need you to click VOTE please(:

Don't know when I'll upload but I always try ASAP(:

Happy Valentines Day! <3