26

We get to the future but I stop early so I can finish healing Chris but he's angry.

Marie! Why'd you do that? I'm meant to be with my family and friends! You had no right! Take me back!

Chris I had to. You have to raise Nola here. It's the only way to save our family!

He looks at me now more confused than ever so I explain.

I saved her and my baby was never meant to exist. Therefore you have to raise them so they can become the next rulers of their realms. You're the true king of France and it's time you take your place.

I don't know that I can raise 2 children by myself. What if I fail them? What about Sky and it son?

I know now that he will be a great ruler so I laugh lightly and push him in the right direction.

They're waiting for you. I told them I'd bring to back. I vowed it.

Just sit here and recover. Well go in a minute.

We sit there while Nola plays but then I see my mom walk out of a small hut followed by Daniel shortly after. I grab Chris's hand pulling him and Nola as we walk passing her, grazing her arm but I see that she's already pregnant and she's upset that he's going back to France but he refuses to take her with him because he refuses to kill Peter to keep her. I understand her upset but I move on as I turn to walk toward Daniel I see Candy walking toward him but also hearing her intention to bump into him so I bump Chris making him bump her distracting her from talking to Daniel.

Oh I'm so sorry ma'am.

She smiles politely then looks back at Daniel and frowns.

Oh that's okay. I should've been looking where I was going. I have to go.

I watch as a stone pops up tripping Daniel and she runs back to help him but the stone quickly sinks back down into the ground. Sneaky bitch. I look at Chris then.

I don't like her, she's a snob. She'll he Daniels mate soon.

So you'd ruin his happiness to make yourself happy? That's not very becoming.

Oh shut up. You wouldn't understand.

He shrugs but it's true. He doesn't know what I know and obviously Rosa and Nathen mated and went on with their lives or Peter wouldn't be here mated to my mother. Speaking of...

Where are we going? And why are we in such a hurry?

Chris complains as he takes in the surroundings of how everything has changed.

I want to see something. I think my dad, Peter thinks he's the king during this time so maybe he should know about you.

He stops pulling me to a halt.

What?

First I need answers. Who's the king in my place?

Ugh... I'd say Ty is But I maybe Daniel. The timeline was changed. We have to..

He put his hand up cutting me off.

I asked and you answered. Now, how long has it been since we left?

I frown but he urges me to answer.

God, okay! It's been around a 100 years.

He nods taking a breath then looks at the children calming himself.

And Rosa's is still alive, with Nathen and Sky and all the rest?

I nod not liking answering his questions.