12

Nadine introduces herself as she let us in so we follow her to the small living room where Justin sits watching a human show where they all speak French.

Anita! Destin! I didn't think you were coming. Nadine obtenir un peu de sang pour notre invité à boire."

Justin rattled off something in French so I look at him then at Destin who chuckles.

You don't know French do you? All this time I've thought you've understood everyone but you've just been winging it. He just told her to get us drinks. You know blood?

He proceeds to chuckle as Justin snickers as he remembers me complaining about not needing to know foreign languages. I guess that bit me in the ass.

Oh shut up. I can still kick both your butts.

Nadine snickers handing me my glass then sits next to Justin.

Now that I'd like to see. Justin is undefeated here.

Well that was until I got here. Big brother can't take me and he knows it.

That's only because you have all your super powers. Nobody can defeat you one on one.

Destin chuckles as he squeezed my knee. Causing Justin to look at him.

No! Impossible! He can beat you?!

He has, but I've gotten stronger since then.

As have I, sugar.

Destin says with a smirk but Justin knows there's something we're not telling him. He knows we're different but he can't seem to figure out just what's so different about us other than our appearance.

It's about time you've met your match. Maybe now you'll calm down some. You better be careful Destin, she's a bit of a wild child.

I frown confused by Justin's sudden analysis of me but Destin chuckles.

Oh yeah and why do you say that?

You haven't found out yet? She's one to make rash decisions and just take off on a whim. She never wants to listen to anyone and she's thick headed just like our mom. When she wants something she'll whine and complain until you either do it or get she gets it.

I've noticed a couple of those traits but if she wants something all she has to do is ask and I'll do anything I can to get it for her. She know that. I'll give her whatever she wants within reason and if she wants to go, well go. We don't have anything holding us down. The kids are about grown.

His words touch my heart and I feel so warm all of a sudden.

Anita! Are you okay?!

Nadine nearly yells as she stands but Destin smiles as he wraps his arm over my shoulder and smiles.

She's fine, she's just really happy right now. She hasn't learned to control her new talent yet.

Oh, girl you scared me turning red like that. I thought something was wrong. So how long will you all be staying?

I shrug not knowing for sure yet so Justin nods.

That's okay, there's no rush. Stay as long as you like. We'd like you to be here for the birth of our child.

I grin wondering if I could speed up Nadine's pregnancy like I did my own but keep my thoughts sheltered as we talk about random subjects until Nadine offers to let me feel the baby kick. Now's my chance to test my talent.