Matthew Espinosa---Take Your Shot It Might Be Scary 2.0

Y/S/N = Your School's Name
Y/H/C = Your Hair Color

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hate this. I hate big parties like this one.the only reason I came was in hopes of seeing the most beautiful girl to ever walk down the halls of Y/S/N. I remind myself. 

I make my way threw the crowded room filled with sweaty people. Maybe she didn't come after all. This probably isn't her scene. I mean it's not mine either.

Music is pounding in my eardrums, I see people carrying red cups filled to the brim with alcohol, and couples making out like they are the only two people in the large crowded living room.

Suddenly I see her and a group of other girls walk threw the front door. She starts to cough at the smell of alcohol filling her brain and lungs. I don't blame her. It reeks in here.

As she coughs I can't help but notice people giving her rude looks not to mention her friends totally used that as a way to ditch her.

I chuckle to myself as I see her face go for mad to embarrassed in two seconds flat. She must have realized that they abandoned her.

I see her looking around the room until her face lights up indicating that she found whatever she was looking for. She starts to walk over to a sofa, but before she can get there a couple sits on it and immediately starts to make out. Her face turns into one of disgust. Rolling her eyes she starts to walk around the room again.

Suddenly she looks at me making eye contact, but quickly drops it as her cheeks grow red. She runs her fingers threw her beautiful Y/H/C hair.

I take the fact that she has noe frozen in place and looks all flustered by me to walk over to her.

"Hey," I say shyly when I'm finally standing next to her. "Hi,"she replies. We stand there awkwardly looking at the ground. All of a sudden I grow nervous as the butterflies grow in my stomach, and start shuffling from one foot to the other.

"I'm Matthew," I finally say looking up from the ground and into her eyes. She looks into my eyes examining them for a quick second before speaking. "Y/N," shr replies looking back at the ground afterwards.

I can feel that she's growing more and more nervous and if I would allow myself to admit it so was I. I hear a good song start to play and an idea forms in my head.

"Well Y/N, care to dance?" I ask. She looks up at me, as I bow with mine hand extended towards her.  She let's out a giggle, makimg me smile, and takes my hand giving a little curtsy.

I pull her into the crowd of people dancing. A fast beat song is playing, and we start to dance together. Now I've never been great at dancing, but I knew that I was making a fool of myself. But between you and me I was making more of a fool of myself then necessary because all I wanted to hear was her beautiful laugh. She let's out a couple of giggles. Music to my ears.

"What? Don't you think I'm a good dancer?" I ask. "Your perfect. I-I mean your dancing is perfect," she stammers making smile a goofy grin.

After awhile a slow song comes on. Couples all around us start to slow dance with each other. I quickly wrap my arms around her waist, and pull her closer to me she snakes her arms around my neck. We start to sway along to the music.

"Y/N?" I ask in a low whisper that only she can hear. "Hmm?," she hums. "I've seen you around school, a-and I'll even admit that I've stocked your social media accounts," she giggles slightly at my confession, "b-but when I saw you here tonight at this party I knew that I couldn't just keep admiring you from afar. I-I was hoping that you would let me take you on a date sometime. I mean if you would like. You don't have-" I was starting to ramble and I knew it but I couldn't make myself stop. "I would love to," she interrupts me looking straight into my hazel eyes. "Great," u reply smiling an award winning smile.

I was blushing fiercely, and so was she.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inspiration: How random Matt can be and the song Life of the party by Shawn Mendes.

Published
March 26 2017