Matthew Espinosa---Captured My Attention

Imagine that your hanging out with your best friend at school before classes start for the day. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I can't wait for summer to come. I get to- Y/N are you even listening to me?" Y/B/F/N asks. When you don't answer she snaps her fingers in your face. "Huh?" you ask coming back to reality.

"Stop drooling all over that boy," Y/B/F/N whispers. "I'm not," you say defensively immediately blushing. "Mhmm as I was saying..." Y/B/F/N starts to talk again but you tune her out.

You can't help but keep stealing glances at the boy with dirty-blonde hair sticking out of his beanie. He's so cute. How have I never noticed him before? Is he new to this school? Probably. Oh no he's looking this way.

You look back at your best friend, and try to look like your paying attention to what she's saying. But in reality you can't even focus on standing still let alone understanding what she's saying.

You give up on trying to listen to your best friend and, start to fiddle with the bracelet on your left wrist. It has a charm of a dinosaur on it. You've loved dinosaurs since you were little.

When you feel like enough has pasted you glance back over at him. Gosh. How can a boy as hot as him even exist in high school? I thought that boys normally got cuter after high school, but he could be a model. You continue to stare at him lost in thought.

He notices you eyeing him, and looks back over at you. You two can't help but lock eyes. The hallway disappears, and it feels like you guys are the only two people left in the entire world.

You bite your bottom lip unintentionally, and your cheeks blush against your will. His hazel eyes are gorgeous. I could just get lost in them.

He looks away, and says something to one of the other boys he's standing with. Another boy pats him on his back.

The cute boy wearing the beanie then walks towards you. He's coming over here what do I do? Keep calm

Y/N. He's just a boy. A boy that looks like a model. Oh god what do I do?

He finally walks up to you making your best friend stop in mid sentence of what ever she was going on about now. You two lock eyes again. Your best friend looks at both of you trapped in your own world and says, "I'll just be on my way."

You don't even hear her though. Your too lost in the feeling of being this close to the new boy. How can a boy that I've never even seen before be making me this nervous?

You suddenly realize that your best friend left you alone with this boy. You let your eyes drop to the ground. With out Y/B/F/N I don't know how to handle this. What happened to moral support? I'll get her back for this later. You can still feel the boys eyes on you making. The feeling of him just looking at you is enough to make you blush.

"I'm Matthew," he finally says. "Y/N," you say looking up from the ground and back into his eyes. "That's a beautiful name," Matthew says. "Thanks," you reply.

You start to play with the charm on your bracelet again. He looks down at the charm your fidgeting with and says, "dinosaur?" He gives a small chuckle. Oh great now he knows about my obsession with dinosaurs. He's going to think that I'm so weird. It's not my fault that I grew up with two older brothers.

"Yeah. I love them," you say embarrassed. "Hey I love them too," he remarks. "Really?" you ask surprised. "Yeah when I was little I used to pretend like I was a dinosaur. I used to call myself a Mattosaurs. Because my name is Matthew," he laughs. You can't help but laugh a long with him.

"Well Matthew I'm Y/N," you say. "Nice to meet you Y/N," he replies. "Are you new to the school?" you inquire. "No I'm not actually I've been going here since Wednesday and its Friday so I don't think that counts as being quote on quote new," he says. You giggle a little at his remark. "I guess not then. Well what's your first class?" you ask.

"History with Mr. Baldwin. You?" he asks. "French with Mrs. Beverly," you say. Man I was at least hoping that we had first period together. Then I would get to start every day off with seeing him.

As if he read your mind he says, "Well I guess we'll just have to eat lunch together if we want to hang out that is. What do you say? Do you want to eat lunch with me?" He wants me to eat lunch with me? I must be dreaming. "Sure that sounds great," you blurt out. "Good," he says smiling a light blush appearing on his cheeks.

Just then the bell rings signaling for everyone to go to class. "Well I better get going. I don't want to be late, and get lunch detention. I don't want anything to get in the way of our date," he says. He turns around, and walks away down the hall. A date? A dark red blush instantly staining your cheeks as you stand dumbfounded in one place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inspiration: Yeah boy by Kelsea Ballerini.

Published
February 26 2017