Dolan Secret

Aquiver ~41

•Jacob Whitesides•

"What do you think they're doing up there?" Grayson asks. Ethan, Grayson, Aaron, Shawn, Dustyn, Cameron, Nash and I are at the benches eating. Everyone is looking towards me as the adults sat by the tables.

"Talking, making up. Probably shared a kiss or two," I shrug.

"Shared? Dude?" Aaron asks confusingly.

"You'd let the two?" Shawn asks also confused. "I thought you liked her?"

"I do. I told her she needed closure with him. I'm fine with them saying a goodbye to their relationship if that's what Char wants."

"You're so chill about this," Ethan says slowly. "Aren't you worried or even feel uncomfortable?"

"No," I shake my head not really wanting to go into detail why I told her about closure. Hopefully Charlotte and Hayes are having a closure of their relationship. I don't think they would get back together. "Don't worry about it," I sigh. "I need to plan a perfect time to ask her."

"Do it tomorrow," Ethan says. "After the game, we could have the guys call her out onto the field and we'll let you do your thing. We're going to win of course, so it will be a great celebration." Grayson chuckles and agrees with him.

"Maybe. I'll let you guys know later." They nod as they settle to talking about the game tomorrow and about graduation the day after.

After a few minutes, I hear laughter coming towards me and I turn my head to see Hayes running with Charlotte on his back.

"Hayes!" She squeals and everyone immediately turned their attention towards them. Hayes continues towards us and stops out of breath once he reaches in front of us.

He lets her off of his back and he smiles down at her before she makes her way over to me and gives me a kiss on the cheek before making her way over to the table to get food. I look at Hayes and he gives me a smile.

"You guys good now?" I ask.

"Yeah," he smiles. "Thanks for letting her..." he says sheepishly towards me. "It really helped to talk to her after."

"Yeah, no problem. Glad to see you two guys best friends again."

"She's all yours now Whitesides."

"She has been mine for quite awhile now," I chuckle with a small smile.

"Not officially."

"Okay... I guess you're right. I'm going to get some food." I stand and pat his back as I bring my plate with me towards the cabin where the table was with the food. Charlotte looks like she's debating about something.

"Hey," she says softly to me and sends me a smile.

"You alright there?" I send her a friendly smile.

"I can't decide what I want to eat. Everything looks so good." I chuckle and laugh.

"Then get everything. Here, we can share," I smile and start to get some food for her.

"Okay." Her tone is cheery and I can tell she's happy.

"Are you and Hayes good now?" She nods and I notice a smile on her lips. We both gather everything on our plates and slowly make our way to the benches where everyone is hanging out.

"There she is," Aaron smiles and everyone turns towards us as we sat down. "How are you feeling sis?"

"Better," she answers and she reaches over to take one of his Becky's homemade cookies.