Hurt

Instragram usernames here, because I want to follow you guys (: 

Aquiver ~28

•Hayes Grier•

My harsh coughs giving me a headache and I wake from the little sleep I've had. I open my eyes and groan slightly from the pain in my chest from the amount of coughing I've had done.

The small lamp is left on and the television is on low. I look around the room and notice the quietness and my door is closed. I slowly sit up up on the bed taking a better look of the room.

Currently I feel weak and tired and hopefully I can go without my inhaler for a few more hours. I'm not really sure why I can't be given one here. It's a weird thought since I am in a hospital and they should be able to provide just about any medical health related thing here.

I have asthma. I thought I've gotten over that when I was younger. Thought I wouldn't need my inhaler, but I always kept three or four in my room just in case. Nash told me he would bring one to me when he returns, except, I'm not sure how long it will take him to get here.

Why has my asthma suddenly return?

There's a knock to the door. My voice is not strong enough to raise. The door opens a moment later and my mouth parts slightly as I see Charlotte slowly coming in. Her head down and I see Jacob, Nash, and Cam behind her.

I give Nash, Cam and Jacob a look wanting to know why she is here. She shouldn't be here. Cameron rolls his eyes at me, Nash mouths that he's sorry and Jacob shrugs

"Char?" She looks up at me with a disappointed look. "What are you doing here?"

"What am I doing here?" She asks hurt. "You're sick for crying out loud and you need your inhaler. Why wouldn't you tell me?"

"I didn't want you here."

"Why not?" I look towards the guys, who are still standing by the door. Jacob and Nash looks unsure about this. "Hayes," she snaps me out of my daze. She's obviously not happy at the moment.

"Because I don't want you to," I cough. "Why the hell would you want to come here when you were probably having fun with Jacob?" I frown.

"I'm your bloody best friend and ex girlfriend. Do you think I don't worry about you or something? What is wrong with you?" She asks confused. "Why would you ever think it was the best idea for you to keep this away from me? I've told you already that you still mean a lot to me and I wanted to talk to you. It's really great to know you don't care for my feelings."

"Are you serious?" I ask unbelievably. "Your feelings? I bet you've been fine with Jacob the past day. You're moving on just fine Charlotte."

"I didn't come here to argue with you."

"Then what then?!" The tone in my voice changing and my headache pounding. Does she not understand I'm unwell?

"Hayes..." Nash says sternly. I turn to him in an annoyed look.

"What? You brought her to bitch about why I'm here. I told you to keep her away from here and not tell her. I didn't want her here!" I look towards Charlotte and notice her eyes glossing and I start to calm down. Shit... I shouldn't have done that. She reaches for her pocket.

"I was worried about you," she starts weakly and my heart escalates from the sound of her voice. "I thought we could try to be friends again and maybe... be close like we used to. Does that not meaning to you or mean anything to you? Why can't you just be happy that I'm here for you? I care about you Hayes."