Hello

Aquiver ~35

•Jacob Whitesides•

"Jacob Michael Whitesides!" The voice of Aaron Carpenter stops Shawn and I in our tracks. We've just came back from searching for Charlotte and we couldn't find her. Where could she have gone to? We've tried contacting her, but we would be sent to voicemail every time. We've been out for hours looking for her. I don't understand where she could have gone. What if she's hurt? I pushed it way too far and was being unfair to her.

"He's going to kill me," I mumble stressed as I lean against the counter and pull at my hair. I'm so worried for her. I know I pushed her off the edge this time. Apologizing isn't going to cut it.

"Where is he?!" I hear Aaron angry.

"We're in here," Shawn says sounding just as unsettled as I am. We hear Aaron coming and I look towards him with his eyes wide and angry towards me. I gulp slightly nervous of what he's going to do. He's her twin after all.

"What are you stressing over? Care to tell me why Char isn't with you?"

"I-I well she was..." I stutter out. Aaron is glaring and I've never seen him mad before. This is definitely something you don't want to see.

"Spit it out!"

"We argued... it was a mistake on my part." We hear multiple footsteps coming into the kitchen. I see Grayson, Andrew and Jared looking startled.

"What?" Andrew starts. Soon Aaron breaks his glare and turns worried and afraid.

"My sister is in the freaking hospital and apparently she has been gone all day in danger. Why the hell was she not with you Jacob?" Aaron glares at me again. Everyone turns towards me.

"I made a mistake. I-I didn't mean to give her the cold shoulder. I was so angry. I didn't mean to." I feel like a little child being lost again. My mother and sister would be disappointed in me. I was really trying and I started assuming things without letting her talk. "I'm so sorry for hurting your sister and putting her in danger. I never wanted that for her." Shawn sees the stress in my face.

"Jacob," Shawn says quietly. "Breathe, we don't want you in the hospital too." I realize my hands has been tugging at my hair and my breathing is rapid like I can barely breath. I feel flustered and frustrated.

"She probably hates me," I swallow. " I did this to her. Why do I do this her? I knew she was hurting and she was giving me a chance. I just completely blew my chance." Both of my friends walk towards me cautiously.

"Jacob..." Aaron starts trying to put his hand out towards me. "You've done so much for her. We make mistakes sometimes."

"We're not perfect," Shawn says with a small smile. "She's probably confused why you suddenly went raging at her."

"She'll forgive you," Aaron half smiles. "We all make mistakes sometimes. Except this time, you're paying the medical bill, this was partly your fault."

"I'll pay for it. I'm really sorry that I hurt your sister. It really wasn't my intention."

"I'll forgive you as soon as I see my sister. We should go see her." I nod as we turn to Grayson. He's the only one who can really drive at the moment.

"Eth texted," Grayson says holding his phone up. "She's eating. We should go before she falls asleep." Aaron nods.

"We'll prepare something for her for when you guys return," Jared says and Andrew nods.

"Like a welcome back and glad you're okay party?" Andrew suggests.

"That would be amazing. Maybe get Hayes released from the hospital early and maybe rest here until then?" Aaron asks. Shawn and I look at him in confusion. Did those two make up that we didn't know about?

"Yeah, I think Hayes and Char will really appreciate that," Grayson points out.

"It's up to Jacob," Aaron says. "He's renting the cabin for the week?"

"Yeah," I nod. "That's fine with me. It could be Hayes' birthday and Chars welcome back celebration."

"We better make some calls then," Andrew starts.

"You four go ahead." We nod as Grayson heads straight for the front door and we follow. The four of us get into the car. Grayson is in the driver's seat and immediately turns from the driveway and onto the road following the navigation to the directions of the hospital.

"If I don't mind asking," Shawn breaks the silence. "Where was Charlotte?"

"A hiking trail," Grayson answers. "Ethan found her. It was one of the trails Eth and I would go on a run for."

"What was so bad that she needed to be in the hospital?" Aaron asks curiously.

"Apparently she fell into a hole or something like that." Hearing all of this makes me feel guilty. I could never forgive myself if something remarkably terrible happened.

"She's alright Jacob," I look up and Grayson takes a glance at the rearview mirror. "She didn't break anything. Just a few bruises and had to stitch up a cut. It's not too bad." I nod unsure because I'm the reason she has those cuts and bruises. If it weren't for me and my mouth. She'd be fine right now in bed safely.

"I..." I sigh.

"She's alright," Aaron says reassuringly. "I talked to her on the phone. She's very much stable."

"She probably doesn't want to see me at the moment."

"If anything, I'm sure she wants to see you. You have to at least apologize to her."

"I plan to." I lean against my seat wondering what happened to her in the last seventeen hours? I shouldn't have had wine last night. Looking at the time now, it's three in the morning. She has been gone for so long I can't imagine what she could have gone through.

"She really likes you Jacob," Shawn says looking towards me. "Honestly, if she sees you there, she's going to want to hug you and cuddle with you."

"Yeah," Aaron half smiles. "I don't think she's going to really turn you down."

"She will," I mumble tiredly. "I ruined this weekend for her." The guys sigh as we head towards the hospital in silence.

•Charlotte Carpenter•

I yawn for what seemed like the hundredth time as I look at the empty containers of our food. Ethan ended up giving me his fries and apple slices and I feel happily full.

"Better?" Ethan asks and I smile sheepishly. He nods with a satisfied look when we hear a gentle knock to the door. I slowly look over and the door opens. My brother is the first through the door. Once he spots me, he rushes over and looks to see my injuries. He lets out a sigh before he engulfs me into a hug.

"Hey twinny," I say trying to breathe. He pulls away and I notice the tears and worry. He also has a small smile.

"Hey," he answers softly. "I'm so happy you're alright."

"I'm glad you're here," I say weakly. I look past his shoulder and notice Shawn, Grayson and... Jacob? Shawn and Grayson both come at the same time to give me hugs.

"I'm glad you're doing alright," Shawn says to me.

"Thank god. I was a bit panicky when Ethan never came back to the bonfire."

"It's nice to see you Gray," I half smile tiredly. I yawn and decide to wait until later to ask him. "I'm glad you're here Shawn." He nods and kisses my hand before they move out of the way to see Jacob.

~

8 updates left 😢

Next Update: Wednesday