Better

Aquiver ~39

•Charlotte Carpenter•

"Rise and shine you two," I hear a voice say quite clearly and I groan burying my face into Jacob's chest. Jacob stirs slightly and he kisses the top of my head. "Char, you can cuddle with Jacob later. You can leave the hospital now." I sit up slowly and blink a few times before I see Jared and also my mom.

I turn my head towards Jacob and he smiles sheepishly at me.

"Morning beautiful." Is it too early for me to blush?

"Morning everyone," I smile to everyone feeling great and energetic.

"Morning Charlotte," My mom smiles.

"Morning," Jared smiles and nods. I turn back to Jacob and can see how rested he is.

"You should get dressed," Jacob says to me and I nod as the nurse comes around to take the IV needle out of my hand. A small pinch and the needle is out.

"Here are new pair of clothes I went out to get for you yesterday," mom smiles and hands me a brown bag from j.crew.

"Thank you mom," I smile and Jacob helps me to get off the bed.

"Are you alright to walk?" Jacob asks me. I nod and he unwraps his arms from me slowly and I slowly make my way to the bathroom. I close the door behind me. And walk over to the table close by the sink to put the clothes down. I open the bag and smile at the outfit and sandal choice she chose.

I carefully take the hospital gown off and change into my new outfit. I take the brush she had in the bag and brushed my hair until it is untangled and smooth. I quickly use my new toothbrush and quickly brush my teeth with the small tube of toothpaste. I leave the gown here and put the brush and toothbrush back into the bag as I make my way out of the bathroom.

Everyone is standing and ready with my gifts in their hands. I slowly walk over to Jacob and I notice Jacob has changed into an outfit that is very similar to matching mine. I smile as he wraps his arms around my waist. Jared and my mom slowly make their way out of the room.

"You look gorgeous as always," Jacob says to me as he leans his forehead against mine. I wrap my arms around his shoulders and he smiles.

"Matching too," I smile. "I'm guessing you and my mom coordinated."

"Sort of," he laughs lightly and leans in to place his lips on mine. I smile into our kiss as he lifts me slightly off my feet and spins me around. I giggle slightly as I am placed back on the ground and he breaks the kiss.

"I've missed those lips of yours."

"I could say the same to you. I have something else for you."

"Another graduation present?" I ask confusingly.

"No," he smiles and takes something out of his pocket. I see a card and notice it's handwritten from him. After watching a few days worth of his video diaries to me, I've learned he can be very artistic. "It's a letter I'd like you to read."

"Okay," I smile and take the handcrafted card and see drawings that he made as a cover. I walk over to the bed and take a seat on the edge. I open the card and notice a long letter.

Charlotte,

I hope I have givin this to you in hopes that we're on better terms now. I think we are, right? I wrote this just this morning and I hope we can work things out between us. I want to apologize again for my actions and for hurting you. I broke a promise to you and my intentions is in hope to have your full trust back over time. I still feel awful for what I've done and it's going to take a while for me to forget about that.

You are an amazing human being and I'm so happy that I can say I know Charlotte Carpenter. Your smile is everything to me and I always want to see that smile when I'm with you. You have a good heart and I'm beyond blessed that you've given me a chance to really be a part of your life. I hope to stay in your life.

Thank you for being the person you are today. I love that I can always count on you when I'm down. I love that I can forget everything when I'm around you and lose track of time. There's something about you Carpenter.

Just remember I'll always be here and I'll try my best to think first before going on like I have. I'll try my best and everything I can to make you happy like you do to me.

Xox

Jacob Whitesides

I close the letter and have tears to my eyes as I look up at Jacob who looks at me nervously. I stand from the bed and walk over to him. I hug him and bury my face to his chest. He wraps an arm around me. I sniffle and realize how happy this guy right here makes me and he continues to show that.

"I love it," I croak and try to wipe all of my tears away and smile. "Thank you so much for this." He breaks into a smile and hugs me again. He kisses the side of my head before he lets go and takes my hand in his. He looks down to intertwine his fingers with mine and smiles. He then looks at me.

"I'm happy to hear that. Ready to leave?" I nod as I look around once more to make sure nothing is left behind. We both then make our way out of the room and down the hall towards the waiting room.

•Hayes Grier•

"Hayespoo!" My sister calls out and I look away from the lake view. I turn slightly to see Sky running over to me and I open my arms to pick her up.

She has gotten a lot bigger since I've last seen her. She'll be turning eight in a few more days. Our birthdays are just four days apart.

"Hi Sky, what's up?"

"I've missed you! You should help me decorate the cupcakes with me."

"Sounds great to me," I smile and walk us towards the cabin. I let her down as she runs into the kitchen where my mom is cooking.

"Hayes," My mom smiles and also turns towards me for a moment.

"Hi," I half smile. "I'm here to decorate cupcakes with Sky."

"I thought I was doing that?" Nash asks in a childish voice as he walks into the kitchen. Sky giggles and he smiles.

"Both of you can help her," Our mom says to us and she smiles at Sky. Both Nash and I nod as we both help to bring everything for the cupcakes to the table in the dining area. I grab the container filled with cupcakes and Nash gathers everything else. I take a seat at one end and Nash takes the other so Sky can be in the middle.

The guys are hustling around to hang things and decorate the place. The occasion is to celebrate for my birthday and for Char getting better. We've decided the day of my birthday, I'd be spending it with my best friend.

We have our trip down to Georgia with everyone and I still have the European trip planned with Charlotte. I'm not sure why I told her it was cancelled?

We begin to decorate the cupcakes as Sky begins to tell us a story about her journal from home.

~

4 updates left!

Next update: Wednesday

Quick opinionated question: Should I make a separate account for my teen fiction/ fiction stories then sharing it with this account or have everything on this account?