An Empty Morning

Aquiver ~18

•Jacob Whitesides•

The sound of my phone goes off and I stretch before I reach over for my phone. I answer without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I yawn. My bed seems extra comfy today.

"Jacob!" I hear Shawn's very awake and happy tone.

"Hi Shawn." I can hear a chuckle from beside him. "What's up?"

"The airport ceilings. Were you still sleeping?"

"Hmmm."

"Do you know what time it is?"

"It's somewhere around seven. I was going to get up at eight to head for the airport to get you guys."

"Oh... Alright. Yeah, we're about to board the second flight. Just wanted to tell you we'll be on time."

"Sounds great. I'll see you around eleven?"

"Yes. See you guys soon." Shawn ends the call and I sat up groggily. I take a listen and wonder if Cam and Nash came in late this morning. They left a note telling me they will be back sometime today. I stand from my bed and make my way down the stairs where Cams room is, but it's opened and he's not there.

Looking at the living room and into the kitchen, it's also empty. It's really quiet for a friday morning. Usually Cam would be jamming to Drake as Nash was making breakfast for Hayes, Char and I. Today, the apartment seems empty. I find it odd that today seems empty. Well... Hayes would be going on that trip with Grayson. Did they already leave?

I take my phone out to call Grayson. After a few rings there is an answer.

"Is Hayes there?" Grayson asks. I frown slightly.

"No, everyone isn't here. I was going to ask you if you left."

"We were suppose to an hour ago, but Ethan isn't here and none of my teammates are answering. I'm really confused."

"I'll call Nash and Cam. I'll call you back."

"Alright." I end the call to call Nash. It takes several rings before he actually picks up.

"Hello?" A very tired Nash answers.

"Um, hi. Where is everyone today?"

"Shoot, right. You're not around Char or anything, right?"

"What does that have to do-"

"Answer the question Jacob."

"No..."

"Well... You and Grayson should come down to the hosp-"

"Who's hurt?!" My eyes widens as the first reaction.

"Chill. Nothing too major. Sort of. It's Hayes. He fractured a finger and he's pretty sick. He's not allowed to leave."

"I'm on my way..."

"I'll send you the address. Don't worry it's on the way to the airport so you can get Shawn and Andrew. Just... don't tell Charlotte."

"What? Shouldn't sh-"

"Don't tell her! Hayes doesn't want her to know so just don't say anything to her."

"Okay," I say feeling odd that Nash is in a bad mood. "Grayson and I will be there soon."

"Okay. Bye."

~forty five minutes later~

Grayson and I are both are hurriedly walking onto the floor we were told to go to. We approach the help desk and the worker looks up.