Time

Aquiver ~1

•Charlotte Carpenter•

Ten seconds left as there was a turnover in the game. This side of the arena is cheering for Hayes' team while the other roots for the other. I stand nervously like the rest of the crowd as Grayson receives the ball. Between Hayes, Ethan and Grayson they would pass to each other. Hayes catches the ball and I can feel my heart racing as I held my breath. He has done this many times. The pressure of scoring for the team.

I believe in him.

The buzzer goes off and the crowd cheers. I take a closer look to see Hayes being surrounded by his teammates. I smile as he is picked up by them and I laugh lightly remembering the time he was dropped. I follow Cam, Nash, Aaron and Jacob down the stands to make my way onto the turf.

As his girlfriend, I am beyond proud of Hayes and his accomplishments.

I stop by the stairs and watch as everything unfolds in front of me. I held flowers for him and wait patiently like I usually do before he comes over to me.

I watch as the they take a team picture and I see everyone sweaty, but a huge smile on their face. They then make their way over to the bench and I wait for Hayes to catch my eye. Instead, I watched as he talked with a few of his friends and he hugs Cam and Nash before going into the locker room.

I may have forgotten to mention that we had a small argument this morning. I may have taken his lacrosse stick and it with my test results from surgery a few months ago. It turned out he was in a really grumpy mood with me because we stayed up really late and he wanted to sleep. So I gave his stick back right away without my results.

Currently, Hayes doesn't know.

"Char?" I look up from my hands and see Jacob approaching me.

"Hey," I half smile.

"Everything alright?" I nod.

"I'm going to wait for Hayes outside the locker room."

"Alright. We'll wait for you in the car."

"Okay." I wave to them as we walked out of the stadium and I take a right as they take a left. I take a seat in front of the bench where there is a big glass window that shows the view of the city. The boys locker room is just across the hall.

What has happened over the last nine months? That day in the hospital, I was told there was a ninety-nine percent chance that I couldn't do gymnastics ever again. I spent my birthday in the hospital. Aaron, Dustyn, and my mom arrived in the middle of the night.

I'm still upset with my mom and Aaron. I asked Nash and Cam if I could stay with them at their apartment and they welcomed me. I moved some of my things there not wanting to face my mom. Aaron and I aren't close, but we talk once in a while. Some things can't be forgotten.

Hayes was able to visit UCLA in February. The both of us were able to go. He went for lacrosse and I went for support and for my program to see what it was like. It turns out I love it there as much as I would have imagined.

Jacob finished his three month tour with Shawn in the U.S. It took place from January to March. Kayla and I had an amazing time at one of their shows. Shawn spent a week at Cams and Nash's apartment after my incident in New York and he came to visit again after tour had finished. He should be arriving around graduation time so we can all go on a trip to Georgia for the week. Then iur trip to Universal is going to happen in August.

As for Jacob, he is going to move out to LA during the end of our summer along with Cam and Nash who also are looking for apartments out there. Jacob has become my best friend and closest friend. He has been there since Hayes and I have officially let everyone know. He has been there whenever I needed someone to talk to when Hayes would be away sometimes.