Telling Her

Aquiver ~26

•Charlotte Carpenter•

"Char! Jacob! Cam and Nash are here!" We hear Shawn call from the docks. I groan slightly realizing that I have dosed off. I felt him kiss my head once more before I slowly sit up and squint towards the docs. Jacob also turns that way. I see Shawn, Cameron, Nash, Andrew sitting on the grass all looking towards us. Jared must have went inside.

"Alright! We're coming!" Jacob calls out. He turns his attention back to me and gives me a small smile. "Ready to see them?" I nod uneasily as I fully sit up on my own.

"Should I help row?"

"If you'd like to." I slowly get up and sit back down on my end of the canoe and face him as we start to head back. Every once in a few rows, Jacob would take a glance at me and I giggle playfully. He smiles and continues the glance until we reach the doc and he carefully gets out to pull the canoe fully out of the water. "There," he smiles.

"Thank you," I smile and get out and he wraps his arms around my waist to steady me. We're both looking down at our feet then at each other. We can't stop smiling at eachother. We hear chatter coming from nearby and I look up to see the guys are all staring.

I look towards Cameron with an expression I can't tell. As for Nash, he has a small friendly smile. Suddenly I am feeling jittery and Jacob gives me a small smile. He takes my hand and starts to walk in the direction where everyone is sitting. As we are getting closer, everyone else is staring at us in amusement.

"You two are very amusing to watch," Andrew says interested.

"They've been at it since yesterday," Jared smiles and shakes his head. I look at Nash who stands in front of us and I move slightly more besides Jacob. He's staring down at me carefully.

"Hi," I say softly. Cameron also stands.

"Hey Char," Nash says lightly. Immediately I am wrapped in his arms and I relax slightly feeling reassurance. "Looks like you're having a great time here."

"Amazing time," I smile as I pull away and Cam also comes in for a hug.

"It's good to see you," Cam says pulling away. "It has been too long."

"I saw you guys the other day,"I half smile.

Nash chuckles slightly. "Never hurts to miss you. You're a very missable girl."

"I've missed you guys too." Cameron and Nash smiles at me. They're back.

Soon we are all talking and soon we have the fire going on so we can all sit around the fire. Aaron and Shawn went in to get the marshmallows, Hershey bars and graham crackers. Letting the fire heat radiate our body, I relax as the sun began to set and we song a few campfire songs.

~Twenty minutes later~

Jacob left to take a phone call awhile ago and I notice a shift in concern filling the air. Nash had been gone for almost twenty minutes and Cameron would check his phone once in awhile. The rest of us continued to sing and talk.

"Have another s'more," Shawn says to me and hands me another delicious s'more.

"Thank you," I smile and take a bite into the sweet taste. This is something I haven't had before until today. There's so much I have missed out on because of gymnastics.

Gymnastics, it's something I'd go back to in a heartbeat. Maybe. I know it's familiar to me and I have the passion for it, but am I willing to give up what I've been missing these past several months? I've tried food that I'd never considered right before a practice or staying out late with friends.