Anything For Char

Surprise! I wanted to give you an extra Update this week, because writing for this story has been going very well (: Hope you enjoy!

Aquiver ~9

•Jacob Whitesides•

"I wanted to go and I thought he was planning something for us," She says disappointedly. My mouthparts and I can't believe I am hearing this. I knew how much this dance meant to her with Hayes and for him to throw it all away is unacceptable.

"You can still go," I finally answer to her. She shakes her head.

"He sold both tickets." Angry and fuming that Hayes would let this happen. I have to do something about this. She has her dress and she wants to go. I can make sure she still goes. I quickly open my text message to talk to Cameron.

Me: I need your help. Send me the color of Chars dress

The both of us continue to eat in silence and he replies immediately.

Cam: Hayes isn't taking her. Is he?

Me: No and I'm mad, wasn't Hayes suppose to plan something big? What happened? I can't believe he'd let this happen and to know he gave away both of their tickets. Char actually wanted to go and she's here upset and disappointed

Cam: We have to do something. You're part of the senior class council, right? Couldn't you maybe help find a way for her to go? I'd like her to still go if she can

I look up to see Char has already finished her food and waits patiently for me. She looks down now and it's really my fault, because I brought Hayes up.

"Beach or shopping first?" I ask her. She looks up towards me and I notice something. She thinks about it for a moment before she puts her phone away.

"Can we shop first?" I nod and we both stand getting ready to go. I quickly take her tray and mine. I walk over to the trash bin to throw our stuff away and place the trays on top. I walk back to her and she thanks me. "Nike store?"

"Sure," I smile. I take a look at my phone and quickly reply to Cameron.

"Hey Char?" I ask gently.

"Hmm?"

"What if I told you that you could still possibly go to Ball this Friday?" She looks towards me with a hopeful look.

"That would be amazing Jacob. Is it possible?"

"I would have to talk to our head senior class council president. I'm technically allowed to bring one person and well... you can be my one person if you'd like." She smiles and nods.

"Are you sure?"

"Char, I know how much you want to go to ball. I want to make sure you go and plus... you get to spend the night with me."

"Jacob, you're the best! How can I ever thank you?" I smile the most innocent look and she laughs lightly. It's really not that hard to make Charlotte laugh. As long as she's distracted, I'm fine with that for now.

"One, I must be your escort."

"Sounds good."

"And two..." Should I? Maybe it's too soon.

"What's number two?"

"Let me plan something for Ball weekend."

"Deal," she smiles. "Jacob, thank you so much! This means so much to me." I open the door to the Nike store and held it open for her. Seeing her happy is a sight you wouldn't want to miss. I hope I can keep it that way.

"I wasn't going to not let you go. You have to go," I smile warmly. "I wanted to have a dance with you."

"You get to have as many dances as you'd like. You're honestly the best. You've just made the situation a lot better actually."

"Really now? Well, we need to find me a matching  tie for your dress."

"Lets find one for you after this." I notice the few Nike capris and pro shorts she has in her hands. I didn't realize how long we have been in here already. She walks over to another rack where there was a jacket that must have stood out to her because she gasps. She takes one of them and shows it to me. "I've been looking for this!" She says excitedly.

"A jacket?"

"I've been trying to order this online, but they've been sold out everywhere I've checked. This must have been restocked today."

"Actually this morning," a male worker comes up to us, well Charlotte. The guy is around our age. Maybe a little older. He is wearing his Nike tank and black Nike sweats along with his sneakers like he is about to go on a jog. "These jackets are popular with the teens lately and also several sports teams have been buying them out."

"I'm glad we stopped by here," Char says to me and I smile with a nod. Greatest distraction Jacob. Now I must keep her his way.

"If you need help with anything, my name is James."

"Thank you James," I smile and wrap an arm around Char. James shoots me a half smile before he walks away and Char gives me a surprise kiss on the cheek. "I wasn't going to let him flirt with you."

"I know," she smiles. "Thank you." I nod as she then picks out the right size jacket for her and puts it on to try on. She zips the jacket mid way and slowly spins around. "How does it look?"

"You look amazing in it." She nods and takes it off and puts it into her pile. "Is this everything you're getting?" She nods and I smile taking the slightly big pile from her hands.

"Nuh uh. You are not buying all of this for me." I smirk slightly and start to walk away from her. "Jacob!" I make my way to the back of the store and I felt arms wrapping around me. I chuckle as I turn around. "You're not paying for this."

"I'm paying, remember?"

"No way," she says softly. "This is almost two hundred dollars."

"That's fine." I smile and continue to walk now with her arms still wrapped around me. I make my way over to the register and Chars eyes widens as I take my wallet out. Her wallet is still in my back pocket, but I don't say anything as the worker starts to scan the items.

"Jacob, this is too much."

"This is my day to do nice things for you. You're not paying for anything today." The worker smiles at the two of us as she puts the last of the items in a big Nike bag and I put my credit card into the machine.

"Total was $194.95," the girl says as I take the pen to put my signature on the screen. She hands the bag over to Char and I thank the worker as I take my credit card out to put back into my wallet. "Have a great day."

"Thank you!" I smile and I carefully close my wallet as I make my way out of the store. As soon as we are outside, Char looks up at me with a sweet smile and hugs me.

"This feels like Christmas," She says warmly. "Thank you so much!"

~

Next Update: Wednesday