Him

Aquiver ~25

•Charlotte Carpenter•

"Do you think this is too soon?" I ask my brother softy after my long explanation to him. Aaron has an arm wrapped around me as we dangle our feet off the dock and in the cool water.

"No. Not really. I wish you'd have maybe realized this a lot earlier," Aaron says softly. "Would have saved you and Hayes a great deal of suffering here."

"It was hard to let go. I feel so stupid."

"Hey, you were in the moment with Hayes. You were happy then. If anything, both of you made each other happy with the little time you guys had. He has always been a part of you life and you know that he'd never leave you. He only wants what makes you happy."

"I upset him the other day," I sigh. "I was so upset with him and he didn't understand how much he hurt me."

"Char... guys can be idiots sometimes. I'm one for being the way I treated you. It's because we love you Charlotte. We don't mean to hurt you. Sometimes we are so mindless and we realize we messed up when it's too late."

"Really?" I turn to my brother and he looks towards me with an odd expression.

"Yes, I think you and Hayes should sort things out. Everything will be clear once you guys talk."

"Maybe I should call him." I start to reach for my phone.

"Wait until later Char. Not now." I nod and look at the time to see it's already five in the evening.

"Hey Char?" Both Aaron and I turn from the view of the lake to see Jacob and Shawn walking towards us with towels around their necks.

"Hi."

"We were wondering if you guys would like to go canoeing," Jacob asks.

"Yes," I smile and stand. I've changed out of my clothes and into my bikini after this morning's wakening.

"I call taking you Char in my canoe," Jacob smiles. "Could I maybe talk to you for a minute?"

"Sure." I walk over to him and he held his hand out for me to take. We walk off the dock and out of anyone's earshot before he stops and turns towards me again with a smile. "What are you thinking about Whitesides?"

"Well... I was sort of wondering..." I can tell he is nervous and I laugh lightly. I'm pretty sure I know what he is asking for. I wrap my arms around his neck.

"Yes." I bite my lip and watch as he looks towards me surprised.

"I'm feeling lucky today."

"I've been feeling lucky every moment I've been with you."

"I can say the same with you Char." My cheeks begins to warm slightly and he places his right hand to the side of my face. He leans down and I close my eyes as I felt his lips to mine. His other hand going for my hair. We continue like this before he slowly pulls away and I am out of breath. I open my eyes to see Jacobs cheeks flustered.

"I could make out with you right now." He chuckles slightly and I smile.

"Maybe tonight before or after the bonfire. I'll sneak into your room."

"Okay," I say softly. He leans in to kiss me once more before we hear whistling. I pull away looking away from Jacob to see Andrew and Jared chuckling and giving us thumbs up from the table where the food is at. I know I'm blushing as I hide my face into Jacob's shoulder.

"You're adorable Char," Jacob chuckles and hugs me. "Lets get onto the canoe."

~thirty minutes later~

"Alright you two! We're heading back," Shawn calls out. I look away from Jacob towards them. I gave them both a wave before Shawn and Aaron heads back towards the cabin. We've rented the two canoes for the next few hours.

"We'll be back in a bit," Jacob says to them and they nod before they were completely turned away from us. Jacob now turns his full attention back to me. "So where were we?"

"Gymnastics," I say softly.

"Right," Jacob smiles. "What are your thoughts after Thursday?"

"It felt really nice to be back there at the gym."

"Do you think maybe...?" I shake my head and shudder.

"I'm definitely not ready for college level gymnastics."

"Oh? You were really happy and excited the other day. I thought maybe you'd try in college?"

"I want to... but I don't think I'm ready," I answer softly.

"The fall?" He asks gently. I nod my head and I look down nervously at our feet.

"As much as gymnastics is a part of me, I don't think I'm ready right now. It may be too late anyway. I think my spot was given up."

"I'm sorry to hear."

"It's alright," I shrug. "I had no idea my back was going to come back to full healing in less than a year."

"It's a real miracle. I'm blessed that you're alright." I smile as he talks about the many wonderful things about me and I let my heart flutter. I look up at him to see how happy he is to talk about me and tell me so many great things. "Char, you're the highlight of my day. I wouldn't want it any other way." My smile widens and I have the sudden urge to go to Jacob.

I gently put the paddle down and he chuckles as I slowly start to stand. He looks up at me as he tries to steady the boat. I slowly make my way over to him and he smiles. As I make my way over to him, I notice Aaron watching from a distance and I blush. I crawl onto Jacob's lap and wrap my arms around him as he kisses my head and puts the paddle down before wrapping his arms around my waist. 

"You're freaking adorable Char," He says nuzzling his face into my hair. I lay my head against his sternum and I let myself relax as I close my eyes. "I can stay here in this position all day with you."

"I can say the same. This day has been so perfect." I smile with my eyes closed. I let the sun radiate off my skin. I let Jacob hold me in his arms and we stay here in silence for a couple of minutes enjoying eachothers company. We listen to the water moving and the nature surrounding us. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"What was running through your mind when we first kissed yesterday?" I can feel a smile creeping onto him. I can tell he's smiling.

"I was definitely happy and I had no idea it was going to happen yesterday. I'm glad it happened actually. The past twenty four hours has been amazing with you and I'm happy that we're here right now."

"Me too Jacob," I say softly remembering Sandra's words yesterday. Hopefully I can talk to Hayes today.

~

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I apologize for not updating last night. I must have fallen asleep 👀

Next Update: Wednesday