Ball

Aquiver ~20

•Charlotte Carpenter•

Arriving at the fancy building with big doors and beautiful windows. Photographers are everywhere taking pictures as students are arriving. Jacob held his hand out to me to help me out of the limo. I carefully get out and when I'm fully standing, Jacob closes the door and we slowly walk down the red carpet.

Heads turning our way and I am breathless of how beautiful this place is. We haven't been inside yet. Photographers turn our way and I felt my cheeks warming up as Jacob intertwined our hands and continued to walk towards the doors. Two doormen opens the doors for us as we walk into a circular lounge.

My mouthparts at the decorations and the chandelier that hung. The lounge is a pure white color and the floor is marble. I've never been to a dance that has been so nice like this. Jacob watches me and smiles as he leads me over to the open doors on the far right side.

As we walked over to the far right where it was somewhat populated crowd entering, people are greeting Jacob and I. They tell us how cute we look together. There were also the mix of people who whispered in confusion of why I am with Jacob. They are probably thinking about the breakup.

"Ticket please," Sandra says as we walk up to the table where tickets are being asked for. She looks towards me and then at Jacob. "Oh Jacob... Charlotte," She says. She's the president of the senior class council. She never liked me, but she is in class council with Jacob.

"Hey Sandra," Jacob says lightly. Jacob hands her both of our tickets and she takes the bottom before handing them back to Jacob.

"Hope you two have a great time," Sandra half smiles. Jacob nods and I thank her before we walk in. I stop at the railing where stairs from both sides led down the the enormous ballroom. Enormous glass windows are on the far left with the view of the big lake and the most expensive cabins that are out here.

To the other far side are a set of large windows that shows the big fountain and the main lodge for this place. I look down onto the floor where the vast majority of seniors are on the dance floor, by the food or at a table.

"Do you want to get a few pictures first?" Jacob asks me. I nod and he smiles. "I hope it's alright, my photographer and great friend Jared is here tonight to take our pictures."

"That's nice of him." Jacob smiles and nods as we slowly make our way down the steps. Heads are turning our way and I become nervous with a lot of attention. The spotlight is shone on us and I blink slightly from the brightness. My cheeks heating immediately and my palms begins to become sweaty.

We reach the bottom and there are a lot of photographers wanting to take pictures of us. The crowd of students surrounds them and I feel myself shaking slightly. I felt Jacob squeezing my hand reassuring me and I look at him who is already looking at me.

"You have to breathe Char," He chuckles playfully and leans over to kiss my cheek. The crowd sounds with an awe. An announcer comes on speaker.

"Looks like Jacob Whitesides is Charlotte Carpenters Prince Charming tonight! Don't forget to nominate your Ball king and queen! Top nominations will be crowned tonight at eleven thirty!" The crowd erupts into a cheer and I smile as the spotlight is now focusing on other areas of the room.

"Let's go outside to meet Jared. He said he's already here." I nod as we make our way through the crowd. Once in awhile we would get stop to be commented on us being together tonight or my dress. People wonder where Hayes is and why we broke up. Jacob kindly would tell them that we decided to go together.

•Jacob Whitesides•

"Hayes could not be here tonight," I answer kindly to the girl. I think her name is Anna. I remember how I was visiting Hayes in the hospital earlier. No one knows that. Char still thinks he has left to Charlotte with the team, which by the way, they all decided to go because Hayes insisted. 

"I'm glad you still have an escort Char!" Anna says cheerfully. "I was actually going for vote you and Hayes king and queen."

"Thats so sweet of you," Char says shyly. I always forget she is a shy kind around people that she does not know. It has been quite awhile now that I have known her now. She's comfortable with me. I remember when she was shy around me and there would be so many awkward silences. Now she climbs all over me and lets her inner self out.

"I hope you're nominated!"

"Thank you!" I walk Char past the rest of the crowd and I open the door for her. She thanks me and we walk back out into the warm weather. The sun is still shining and will be setting soon.

"I forget how quiet you can be when you're around people you don't know."

"I can't help it," she answers softly. I notice that there is something on her mind, but I don't bother her about it. I'm sure it will pass. I look slightly past Char and see Jared walking towards us.

"There he is," I smile and she turns around slightly. "Hey Jared."

"Jacob," he greets with a big smile and smiles at Char. "I see you with your beautiful escort. Hi, I'm Jared," he introduces himself. Char shakes his hand and she introduces herself. "Your dress looks amazing on you. A great color."

"Thank you," Char smiles.

"So lets take a few pictures, shall we?" Char and I both nod as I lead char over to the fountain and we turn away from it so we face Jared. His camera is already out and has probably taken some pictures of us. 

Char and I are facing each other and I bring my hands to her waist. She looks up towards me and I smile down at her. She wraps her arms around my neck and I decide to kiss her forehead as one of the posses. We stand side by side together and we do the usual poses that would be taken. I decide to wrap one arm around her waist and she looks at me confusingly.

"Wha," She yelps as I bring her down to a pose where I dip her slightly and held her hand. "Jacob!" She giggles and I couldn't help but to laugh along with her.

"Can I carry you for the next pose?" I ask her. She nods as I look towards the camera and Jared gives a thumbs up as I pick Char up. Students look in our direction in amusement and pointing in our direction. She wraps her arms around my neck to stable herself and she couldn't help, but to continue to smile. I lean my forehead against hers and she looks into my eyes.

Breathless. She is absolutely stunning. We listen to the camera going off before I carefully let her down and she thanks me.

"We've been here for fifteen minutes and you've made everything so perfect so far," She blushes towards me.

"That's my intention," I smile.

~

What are we thinking?

Next Update: Saturday