I Thought it was Real

Aquiver ~6

•Charlotte Carpenter•

"I had a great time Char," my brother says as he starts to get up and take his keys out.

"I did too," I smile and get up to hug him. Our mom called him to come home and that's why he will be leaving.

"If you ever want to hangout or even spend the night, you're always welcomed. I've really missed you." Being able to hear him say that is heart welcoming to me. I know he's trying to make things better between us. We're twins after all.

"Thank you. I'll see you at school tomorrow."

"I'll see you tomorrow," he chuckles and kisses my forehead before he begins to make his way towards the entrance. I sat back down to see Jacob really focused on his phone.

I stay quiet as I wait for Jacob with patience. I've learned from Hayes that I shouldn't bother someone on their phone. Especially Hayes. I sigh to myself. I close my eyes for a moment and take a deep breath. I reopen them to see Jacob looking at me curiously.

"You okay there?"

"Yeah, just a bit sleepy," I answer sheepishly. "I had a great time today."

"I'm sure you did." He smiles as he starts to get up. I do the same and we both decide to go back to the apartment.

~Forty Five minutes later~

"I think I'm going to go to bed," I yawn as we both walk into the apartment building. We wave to the desks person and make our way over to the elevator.

"Alright. If you need anything, I'll be in my room. I'm probably going to stay up to do some studying."

"Thank you for your offer." Jacob nods as we get into the elevator. "As much as I should probably study, I'll do it tomorrow." Jacob chuckles.

"If you want a ride to school tomorrow, we can study then too."

"That actually sounds great Jacob. Thank you!"

"No problem. Anything for you Char." I feel my cheeks warming up like they usually do when Jacob says that. He's so genuinely nice and caring. He's also there to the rescue. The elevator comes to a slow stop and we arrive at our floor. The elevator door opens and we both walk off.

"Do you think you can go to the my old club gym tomorrow evening?"

"Where you did gymnastics?" I nod and he smiles. "Of course I will go Char. I'm really nervous, but excited to see you back there."

"Okay," I half smile as we approach the apartment door and Jacob quickly unlocks the door. The lights are off and it's pretty quiet. I notice the tv on and see I think Cam sitting on the couch. We both walk in and I shut the door. Cam turns around and stands once he notices I am here.

"Char." He walk over to engulf me in a welcoming hug. "I'm glad you're alright."

"I'm sorry for giving you a scare."

"It's alright. It's fine. Did you have a great time with Aaron and Jacob? I heard you guys spent around six hours at barns & noble? How is that possible?" Both Jacob and I laugh lightly and I notice Cam smiling.

"We had a blast. We basically went to Narnia and a few other places." Cam chuckles and shakes his head.

"Sounds interesting. Um, I think Hayes is in his room. He's probably asleep. He got these for you." He walks over to the kitchen and I turn to see a big stuffed bear with Kit Kats.

"For me?" I ask surprisingly. Jacob gives me a small smile before he says he is going up to his room. I turn back to Cam who holds up the big Kit Kats. Where did he get the big ones from? This is the first time Hayes has done anything this sweet for me in months.

"Yeah, he left them here on the counter for you when you come in."

"That's really sweet of him," I smile to myself. I accept both the bear and the Kit Kat. "I'm going to go upstairs and go to bed."

"Alright, hope you have a good rest and great day at school tomorrow."

"Thank you. Night Cam."

"Night Char." I smile to myself as I start to make my way upstairs towards Hayes' room. I quietly open the door once I'm there and walk in. I close the door beside me and put the bear down beside the door. I look over to see Hayes on his phone. I smile at him.

"Hey Hayes," I say happily. He looks up from his phone and doesn't say anything. I walk over to the bean bag in front of the bed. "Thank you for the big stuffed bear and big Kit Kats. I love it."

"That's great," he says oddly. "I didn't get them for you."

"What?"

"I didn't get them for you," he says slowly. "As in I didn't buy them." My smile slowly fading and my happiness slowly going away.

"Ohh... who did?"

"Nash did."

"Oh."

"It's sort of dumb, because you were the one who caused the problem this morning."

"Cam says it was alright."

"Yeah, well Nash wasn't up Cams ear telling him to go look for you. I was. He yelled at me when I got back. I really hope you told Nash about Ball. He made it seem like we were still going." I look down.

"I-I was thinking we could still go," I say softly.

"What?! Char no! Why would you even want to go? I already gave our tickets away." I look up at him hurt. He gave away the tickets?

"Y-You gave both tickets away?"

"Yeah... we weren't going. You said you'd talk to Nash."

"I w-wanted to go." Those tickets were hard to get and they're really expensive. I'm pretty sure they're sold out.

"You should have told me you wanted to go by yourself then." I feel a lump in my throat.

"I wanted to go with you. We haven't done anything nice with each other in a long time."

"Well you should have thought about that before you decided to become almost paralyzed and move here where Nash is completely up my ass to take care of you." I look back down. I can't believe he said that. He encouraged me to go for my dreams and he offered along with Nash and Cam to move in. I didn't know this was going to be a problem.

"I didn't decide to become almost paralyzed. Why are you making it seem like everything is my fault?"

"Because it is. Do you have any idea how stressful this year became after your incident? How much I had to give up and how many opportunities I gave up for you? A lot. You can't tell me that I don't spend any time with you or I'm not here for you. I'm literally here majority of the time and I get those few times to hangout with my friends outside of practice."

"I-I'm sorry." I pause for a moment. "I'll make sure to tell Nash about not wanting to go to Ball," I swallow the lump in my throat. A beautiful dress that I'll never be able to show off and feel like a princess. I stand to make my way over to the door.

"And Charlotte?" I slowly turn around to not see any unusual sign of emotion. "I don't think we're working out."

~

Next update: Wednesday

What do you think next update will be like?

Ah! Monday I start my last season for track before I graduate. I have so many plans for this spring season before college track. Oh, I'm pole vaulting and high jumping for college track next school year (: