You've Been Missed

I'm so sorry you guys! I completely fell asleep before I updated. I hope you enjoy this update.

Aquiver ~33

•Ethan Dolan•

I watch from the window as doctor and nurses rolls Charlotte's bed into this room about an hour after we've arrived here. I've already told them the story of my side. She has gotten the side of her forehead stitched and x-rays done. So far it doesn't look like anything has been broken. Just... bruising.

Charlotte looks sound asleep in the bed covered as she wore the nightgown. How did this happen? The doc looks towards me and tells me that she'd like to speak to me outside. I nod and walk out of the room feeling unsure about leaving her. The doc walks out and closes the door behind her.

"Her mother is Becky, is that correct?" The doc starts.

"Yes, She also has three other siblings." She nods taking note of the contact info. "Will she be okay?"

"She'll be just fine Mr.Dolan. There is just one concern."

"Concern? Besides bruising and a deep cut?"

"Yes, are you aware that she had a panic attack today?"

"N-no, Doctor. I came probably after it happened. She looked in shocked and was scared when I arrived, but it must have happened way before I came." The doc nods and took notes.

"I will make a phone call to her mother. If she would like to eat, you can wheel her down to the cafe, get her food, or call the nurse and she can bring some food. She should be fine to leave Tuesday morning."

"Thank you doctor," I walk back into the room looking in fear. I close the door and she turns towards me and her shoulder relaxes. I walk over and take a chair putting it right by her. "I thought you were sleeping?" I ask gently.

"Bad dreams," she answers quietly.

"I don't understand," I say wanting to know what's going on. "Why were you out on the trails alone without your phone?" She looks down and she plays with her fingers like I've hit her soft spot.

"Jacob and I were arguing this morning. I... just wanted to get away for a bit."

"That doesn't mean you should go off alone into the woods."

"I... couldn't think straight." She closes her eyes painfully. "I get that Hayes probably hates me right now and Jacob wants nothing to do with me-"

"Whoa, stop right there," I say in confusion. "Hayes doesn't hate you. In fact, the main reason I found you was Hayes. He was sick and worried about you. He can be a dick and say stupid things to girls a lot. He probably didn't mean whatever he said when he said it. And Jacob? He probably loves you. Do you have any idea how much effort and time he has put for you this past week? Hayes was talking to Gray and I about it."

"But I don't understand, he was angry with me today. I don't know what I've done wrong. We were in the hospital visiting Hayes last night and he suggested I go see him. Why would he be mad about that? I don't get it," She says starting to stress out.

"Hey, don't stress it. We'll figure this out. Now, since you're in safety, who would you like to call first? Your mom is probably on her way. We should tell everyone else. I also promised we'd FaceTime Hayes."

"Aaron first." I nod and decide to call because I'm sure she doesn't want to see her brother drunk. I'm not actually sure if they are still drinking. The only person who can drive would probably be Gray or Andrew. The phone rings and it takes a moment before he answers.