I am about to respond to her until harry makes a "shh" sound with his mouth. His strong hand softly cup my face, and he places his lips ever so gently on my mine. It is one of the most beautifully perfect things I have ever experienced. It's as if I know the answers to all of his questions, and all of our worries are a mere speck on the horizon. It's a kiss that deserves to be talked about in the movies, or classic works of literature. All I know right now in this moment is that only we matter.

As hard as it is to do, I pull away from Harry. We're both panting and we press our foreheads against each other's as we recover from this moment. My senses are heightened after the experience and I am suddenly even more so aware of everything. How good it feels to have him wrap his arms around me in the water, the perfect sunset background, and the feeling of his heart beating against mine as he holds me.

I hear the back door open once more and my mother calls out again.

"Coming Mum," I yell. My voice is unrecognisable and I guess I owe that to Harry.

I let go of him to make my way inside and yet he still continues to hold me.

"I need...we need to go..." I attempt to say, though I am still quite breathless.

What is he doing to me?

"Just a few more minutes," he asks huskily, kissing me gently against my needing lips.

I reciprocate his kiss and my inner self is absolutely glowing right now. To be so desired by this man is just so bizarre, and yet I'm so grateful for the moment shared. I muster what willpower I have left inside me and I pull away again.

"No, we have to go," I say once more, with a little more strength.

I walk ahead of him and slowly walk up the stairs out of the water. I turn around and catch him checking me out.

"Who's the perv now?" I jokingly accuse, referring to the time he caught me checking him out at his house the other night.

"Alright, alright. You have a nice bum," he says, embarrassed in defeat. I also love the way he says 'bum.' It's bad enough that he's been blessed with such good looks, so he's even more alluring with his accent. I'm in trouble.

I try to regain my composure before I step inside the house to get some towels for us. I reach the linen cupboard and hear Mum shout out,

"Ava! How many times have I told you not to drip water in the house! - Oh, hello Harry."

I laugh internally as her tone shifts when she realises Harry is here. The same tone of voice Mums use when you have visitors over. They share some friendly small talk for a few moments until I join them, towels in hand.

I chuck Harry a towel and wrap the other around myself.

"Ava," my mother says sternly, referring to the trail of water.

"I know Charlotte," Harry says with a glimmer in his eye, "she's terrible isn't she?"

"Oh... yeah, I'll clean it up," I say, still dazed from the steamy experience with Harry only moments earlier. I blush as I replay the events over again in my head. Even if those kisses shared are the last, at least I have these lovely memories.

"Are you feeling okay?" She asks, looking concerned. Automatically she places the back of her hand on my forehead to check my temperature.

"A little hot. Do you need a rest darling?"

Oh, if only she knew.

I shake out of my happy place, and tell her that everything is fine as I wipe up the droplets of water building up on the floorboards.

"I think I may have bought that for you a little small," she adds, referring to the top half of my bikini.

I glimpse over at Harry and can see him smile that boyish grin of his. I feel myself blushing.

"Mum..." I mutter.

Harry begins to put his clothes back on once he is reasonably dry and I excuse myself to get dressed upstairs. I opt for my black playsuit covered in daisies. I especially love the low back feature. Haphazardly I apply some make up, though I'm not doing myself any favours due to my hands that are shaking uncontrollably. Every few minutes I stop myself, take a few deep breaths, and try to talk myself into being a normal human being again, and not this frenzied person I hardly recognise.

Did that kiss actually happen?

I'm sure it did. No, it definitely did. As I touch my lips lightly with my fingertips, I can still feel them tingling. Nothing can describe the feeling of being held in such a way by him. He was in control, yet very soft, and gentle with me, and it was just so utterly perfect!

I walk back downstairs feeling so content with everything, and know that I am easily the luckiest girl in the world. Nothing can ever ruin this for me...

Question of the chapter: What did you think of their moment in the pool? Are you happy that they finally kissed, or would you prefer that they be just friends?

Please make sure you've voted, and that you're following me on social media for any updates!

Twitter: WordsWithGem
Instagram: gemma.allan
Snapchat: gemma.allan

#PPDPM