Chapter 8: Childhood Memories

-11:31 AM Monday Morning-

Kohana was outside her house, sitting on top of her favorite tree in the neighborhood with Aries, and she was reading her book, Two Souls in Life. Both of her feet were dangling at the edge of the tree branch and her B-Daman was just sitting on top of her lap while reading her book.

Aries: *looks at Kohana* You just can't stop reading books, are you Kohana?

Kohana: No way! Reading has been a part of my life ever since I was little, and I just really love books and how their stories are really interesting for me to read them, Aries!

Aries: I know I know, Kohana, you just love the scent of books, how they look like and the covers are amazing to look at with some creative drawers who drew the covers.

Kohana: *smiles* And don't forget, I love those everyday story books and dictionaries too! So don't let me pick one book or two books out from the shelves, Aries!

Aries: *laughing* I'm just playing with you Kohana!

Kohana: *giggles* Okay then Aries, *picks up* you are always funny and it cheers me up. I'm glad my father picked the right B-Daman for me, Aries.

Aries: Me too Kohana, and I'm glad I met you too.

Kohana: *smiles calmly*

Sayuri: Kohana!

Kohana then turns her head to her right and saw her mother, leaning against the doorway and holding onto the door handle.

Kohana: Yeah, Mom?

Sayuri: Can you come inside for a minute? Someone that you know and love sent you something!

Kohana: *gasps* Coming right there!!

So she quickly put her B-Daman inside one of the pouches on her belt, and then jumped down from the tree branch that she was sitting on earlier and ran towards her mother.

Kohana: So, what is this something that you wanted to show me, mom?

Sayuri: Well, it's in the kitchen, and I'll give you a hint so you will know what it is.

Sayuri: It's a box filled with some stuff that you liked to have, for example books and such.

Kohana: Okay then, but I wanted to see these box now and let mr guess its from daddy! *runs into the kitchen*

When she was now in the kitchen, she saw the box on top of the dining table, and she walked over to the box. Kohana looked on top of the box and she grabbed it. The note said...

TO: My Little Fire Angel

FROM: Hachiro Mai, your father

Kohana: *gasps* It is from daddy! I can't believe it he gave this box, and he haven't sent me something in a while!

Kohana: *squeals* I wonder what is in this box, I think its mostly books and other stuff as well.

Sayuri: You just have to open the box for yourself, Kohana.

She excitedly opens the box with a cutter and flips it open, litting her eyes with excitement from seeing the sent gifts from her father.

Kohana: There are so many books that daddy sent me, I'm so happy!

Sayuri: I'm glad that your father was always there for you, whenever he needs to cheer you up, just like your B-Daman.