Chapter 4: The Angel's Call (Part 1)

~Third P.O.V~

Kohana and her mother were in the dining room, eating some breakfast together, chatting together, most especially Kohana's time with Crossfire and improvements of her skills.

Sayuri: So, I heard you got first place in the last Crossfire match. Congrats, you two.

Kohana quickly swallows the food and said "Thanks, Mom!"

"Also, I'm going to West City for an Inter Block Match and I'm a representative of the East Block." She added.

Sayuri: Really? That sounds amazing to hear that from you, Kohana, and hopefully you do well in the competition.

Sayuri: And I heard from Gennosuke that Samuru's going to be representative for the West Block.

Kohana: Really? That's going to be amazing! I get to compete against Samuru-kun!!

Sayuri: *giggles* Remember Kohana, have fun during the competition okay?

Kohana: Got it Mom! I will do my very best.

After Kohana finished eating, she got out of the dining table and quickly ran out of her house to do some training before the competition starts in West City.

She placed a few rows of empty bottles and shoot the first row of them in an instant. She then shouts,

Kohana: Got 'em!

Then continued to knock, or destroy, the rest of the bottles in front of her with great accuracy and speed.

"Gotta keep it together, Kohana!" She thought as she knocked the targets down. "You're going up against Samuru-kun, your childhood friend, in a Crossfire Competition. I gotta focus and just have fun...!"

After all of that, all the plastic bottles were laying on the grounds or destroyed into pieces from all of the marbles that were fired. Kohana stopped moving around and dropped down, panting heavily.

Aries: Kohana, you okay?

Her partner asked and Kohana replied, "Yeah... I'm...okay, Aries..." in between panting.

Aries: Geez... You gotta take a chill pill or something, or else you'll have no energy left for the competition against Samuru.

"Hehe... Sorry, Aries." Kohana apologizes and sits up on the ground. "Anyways, I've been thinking about this and that is, can I ever transform into the 'other form' that I have?" She asked.

Aries hummed and replied, "When the time comes, I think you'll be able to transform into your other form, Kohana."

She smiled, "Yeah, maybe you're right, Aries..." and stood up again. "We should probably get going to the train station."

"Right." Aries said in reply. Kohana ran down the road and all of a sudden, a pair of wings appeared on her back and lifted her off the ground, flying to the train station.

Time Skip... At the Train Station...

Kohana finally arrived at the station, so she planted her feet on the ground and her wings disappeared into thin air while her eyes changed back to the original color. Eventually, she spotted her friends at the waiting area, for the train to arrive.

Kohana: Hey, guys! Sorry to keep you waiting for me!

She shouted while running towards Riki and the other guys.

Riki turned around and saw her, running towards his direction.

Yuki: Well, you're just in time. The train leading to West City is now here. Let's go!