Promised (Part 5)

"Izzy!" Stiles calls out as he slides the door of the loft open. No response. "Iz! Why aren't you answering your phone? I swear to god, you're going to give me a panic attack woman!" He sets the coffee and donuts on the table and makes his way upstairs. "Izzy, are you seriously still sleeping? It's like-" he stops when he sees the bed empty, still made like it hasn't been slept in.
Now the panic sets in.
Stiles pulls his phone from his pocket, his hands shaking so bad he almost drops it. He takes a deep breath and hits Scott's name on the speed dial.
"What's up, bro?"
"Scott, have you seen or heard from Izzy at all? She's not home. I don't think she's been here for a while from the looks of it," Stiles rubs the back of his neck nervously.
"No, I haven't heard from her. Let me ask the girls," Scott's voice is muffled but Stiles can just make out his question. There's silence for what seems like forever before Scott's voice comes in clearly again. "Stiles, no one has seen her since yesterday morning. When was the last time you saw her?"
"Uh...I-I...yesterday at lunch. She had to work yesterday and I was helping my dad with some shit until late last night. I left her a message but she never called back. I figured she just crashed after work. I need to call Deaton. I'll call you back," Stiles ends the call before Scott can even reply and swipes through his call log to find Deaton's number.
"Stiles, what can I do for you?" Deaton's calming voice sounds in his ear.
"Have you seen Izzy? I know she's not working today but I haven't heard from her since yesterday and she hasn't been home," Stiles' voice cracks as his chest starts to heave.
"No actually, she left early yesterday since we weren't busy. I told her to take the rest of the day off. Stiles, no one has seen or heard from her since then?" Deaton's worried voice causes Stiles to spiral.
"What time did she leave?" His heart starts to pound in his chest, his vision slightly blurring.
"It was around three o'clock."
"Fuck!" Stiles hangs up and automatically dials Scott again.
"Sti-" Scott answers but is quickly cut off.
"She left work at three yesterday, Scott! No one has seen her in almost twenty-four hours! Where the fuck could she be? Scott, what if something happened-" Stiles falls to his knees, the phone slipping from his hand, his breaths coming quick and uneven. He grabs his chest as that familiar crushing feeling consumes him.
"STILES!" He faintly hears the voice through the phone on the floor. He picks it up, breathing heavily, not able to summon words.
"Stiles! Hold your breath! Close your eyes and hold your breath!" Lydia's voice sounds in his ear and he tries to focus on it. He takes a deep breath and forces himself to hold it. "Hold it in, don't let it out until I tell you too. You're okay, Stiles. Just a few more seconds. Okay, exhale slowly. That's it, almost there," when the last of the air leaves his lungs he takes another deep breath through his nose and repeats the process.
"Lydia...she's gone. Something's happened. We need to find her," Stiles' voice sounds so small, almost broken.
"We will find her. Don't worry. We're coming over. Stay right where you are," the call dies and Stiles moves to sit on the edge of the bed, his head between his knees.
✦✦✦
Darkness. Cold and damp darkness. I can't see a thing. I can't move. My hands are restrained behind me. My feet tied to what I assume are the legs of the chair I'm sat in. All I can hear is the faint sound of water dripping that echoes throughout the room.
"Hel-hello? Is someone there?" My voice cracks as I use it for the first time in...I'm not even sure how long it's been. My tongue feels like sandpaper against the roof of my mouth it's so dry. "Please...so thirsty..." I whimper as I try to wiggle my hands free to no avail.
"Shhhhh," Someone soothes. "Here," the voice says and I feel something pressed against my lips.
Cool water fills my mouth and I drink until it's gone, some of it spilling out of the sides of my mouth and down my shirt. I breathe heavily and lick my lips repeatedly to try to bring some softness back into them.
"What's going on? Where am I?" I shiver, both from the cold and the fear of the unknown.
"You know," I recognize the voice as male but still can't place it, " this would have been so much more civil if it wasn't for Stilinski." He says Stiles' name so angrily, venomously.
"Theo," I whisper. "What the hell are you doing, Theo? Why am I tied up? What do you want?" I cry and the blindfold that covers my eyes starts to drench in my tears.
"You." Theo says simply, as if I should know why.
"What do you mean, me?" I squirm in my restraints. He can't know. Can he? If he did he surely would have said something, wouldn't he?
"Oh, Izzy. Don't play dumb. We both know we have a connection," his voice softens as I notice he's moving closer.
"I-I really don't know wha-what you're talking about," my bottom lip quivers as a new wave of tears start.
"It's always been me and you. Until Stiles, somehow, moves right on in! EVERY FUCKING TIME!" He shouts and I cower, making myself as small as I can.
"What are you talking about, Theo?"
"You. Me. All this time. And I lose you. Every. Single. Time. All because of Stiles," he growls. "You do know that right? That you're always with me first. Then Stiles comes along and takes you away from me."
"Theo...that's not how it goes," my mind is at a loss. He's clearly delusional. "I've seen it, Theo. I've felt it! It's always been Stiles!"
"NO! You don't know anything!" He screams and I'm so confused I don't even know what to say to make him understand.
"The wolfsbane was supposed to make you see. It was supposed to show you everything! And again, Stiles fucked that all up!"
"Wolfsbane? That's what you put in the drinks at the party the other night?"
"Yes and it will work. You'll see," his tone softens and I feel his hands at the back of my head and I blanch away from him. "Easy, I'm just taking the blindfold off."
The cool air hits my eyes and they start to water again. I blink a few times as the room comes into focus. Pretty much exactly how I imagined it. Barren and cold. Metal piping and brick, dimly lit.
"How will I see, Theo? What did you do?" I look up at him and he smiles a half smile.
"The water, it had wolfsbane in it. Shouldn't take too long. Then you'll understand," he turns away from me and picks up a phone off the table, the bright screen lighting his face, or what I can see if it anyway.
"They'll find me, Theo. What are you going to do when they do?" I see the photo of Stiles I have as my background as I crane my neck to look over his shoulder.
"Oh, I'm not going to do anything. Because everything will happen just the way it's supposed to."
"What's that supposed to mean? Theo...I love Stiles. Nothing you can show me will change that. History has never been able to change that. He's my soulmate."
"No, he's not. He's a distraction."
The soft lights start to swirl in my vision and I blink a few times. The sounds of the dripping water magnify, echoing in my head.
"Twenty missed calls, thirty-two texts. Jeez, Stiles," Theo's voice sounds strange and I shake my head, groaning as it feels like my brain is sloshing around in my head. Theo turns to look at me and my eyes struggle to focus on him. "How are you feeling?" He squats in front of me.
"Strange," everything looks like I'm looking through a heat wave. Except him. He's still and centered. Those blue eyes glowing.
"Good, now you'll finally understand," he stands and places a soft kiss to my forehead.
✦✦✦
"Stiles, I don't know if her scent alone is going to be enough to find her. She could be anywhere," Scott grabs Stiles' shoulder to try to calm him.
"We have to try! She wouldn't just leave! Besides her car is still here! She couldn't have gone far," his eyes flick back and forth, the wheels in his head turning as he tries to come up with something, any kind of clue as to where to look. "Her phone...her phone isn't here. She must have it on her."
Stiles pulls up the GPS tracking program on his laptop, his fingers flying across the keyboard. Scott and Lydia look at each other, skepticism written all over their faces.
"Oh for god sakes, Stiles! If she didn't leave of her own free will, do you really think the person who took her would leave her phone on so you can track it?" Malia crosses her arms and Scott and Lydia look at her, their eyes bugging out of their heads. "Hey, we were all thinking it, I'm just the one who said it out loud."
"There!" Stiles points at the screen and the other three crowd around to look.
"Well shit," Malia rolls her eyes.
"That's her! She's in the Reserve! I've narrowed it down to a mile radius. We can cover that in no time," Stiles slams the laptop closed and jumps up, patting his pockets. "Where the fuck did I put my keys?"
"Stiles...something about this doesn't feel right. This feels like it could be a trap. At least let's get Derek and Liam to help us, maybe even call Chris. If someone did take her, we need to be prepared for anything.
"Fine! Call them, but tell them to fucking hurry! I'm going out of my god damn mind right now!" Stiles paces back and forth.
"Okay! I am, jeez, how much caffeine have you had today?" Scott mumbles as he lifts his phone to his ear.
Scott fills Derek, Liam and Chris in on what's going on when they all show up at the loft fifteen minutes later.
"Okay, I've pretty much got an arsenal in my trunk. Whatever you need, I got it," Chris gives Stiles a reassuring squeeze on the shoulder.
"Between the four of us we're bound to pick up a trail of some sort," Derek says.
"Can we go now?" Stiles throws his hands up.
✦✦✦
The jeep skids across the dirt as it slams to a stop. Stiles hops out and spreads the map out across the hood. Everyone gathers around him after a couple of minutes.
"Okay, Derek, you and Liam take this area," Stiles marks a spot in red on the map. "Malia and Chris take this one. Scott, Lydia and I will take this."
Everyone nods in consent before they start to split. Stiles folds the map back up and slips it into the back pocket of his jeans and Chris grabs his arm before he can walk away.
"Stiles, we're going to find her. But I need you to be prepared," Chris pulls a 9mm glock out of the back of his pants and hands it to Stiles. They don't say anything else, just nodding at each other before going off in opposite directions.
"Stiles, I really don't think you should have a gu-," Scott starts to say.
"Scott don't! I swear to god, I'm not in the fucking mood for a morals lecture right now," Stiles shoves the gun in the back of his jeans and pushes past his best friend and Lydia gives Scott a concerned look. "Let's go!" He yells as he looks over his shoulder.
Scott and Lydia follow as Stiles leads them to their designated area.