17

I walked in the house minding my own business, trying not to look suspicious. I quickly walk upstairs avoiding the living room where I can hear Ronda and her group talking about the wedding.

I also avoid Ellie's room, I hear her blasting some English boy band so I leave it not wanting to have to listen to her fangirling over their English accents or curly hair.

My dad is either out or in his office, I don't want to talk to him. Unless he apologises for his actions earlier I will not speak to him. I guess I get my stubbornness from him.

I walk into my room and get out duffel bags, five of em. I pack all and I mean all my clothes into them, I find a random backpack and start to pack anything I wouldn't be able to live without. Photo albums, my camera, electronics.

I stripped my walls of my posters and took them out to my car unseen. I then took out the duffel bags one of Rondas friends saw me but didn't ask questions.

I walked up to my room, it was stripped to the bare minimum, the bed was still there all the furniture. Just nothing that could be traced back to me or meant something to me in any way was there.

I picked up my back pack before glancing at the empty room that I had spent the last 18 years of my life in, I shut the door carefully not making any noise.

I didn't want anyone to know I was there.

I walked out of the house I grew up in, the house I spent all my life in, the good memories and the bad, I dealt with each in that house. I'm happy I'm leaving now, if I had left earlier I would have left my mom, if I had left later I would have had to deal with Ronda for a longer period of time.

Maybe Kelsey and Sammy were right, maybe I was scared of growing up. Screw it, I was shit scared to grow up.

The real world looked so surreal, the fact that the real world was a open gate that everyone was waiting for me to cross, makes me feel slightly embarrassed. Everyone has been waiting so long for me to grow up and I feel bad that they have been waiting so long.

I got in my car and sighed happily, to a new life, free of the drama that related to family, and free of the unhappiness I felt in that house.