The Aftermath//His Dirty Little Secret

(Jay needs TLC 🤕)

💁🏽 Natasha 💁🏽

It'd been a week since Jay had been shot, and he was grumpier than ever. He barely spoke and when he did he was yelling at me for trying to help.

I'd had enough.

I walked back in from my doctors appointment. My baby was growing inside of me and everything was well. I held my big bump and took my coat off in the hall.

"Natasha?! That you?!"

"Yes." I replied, hiding the annoyance in my voice. I walked to the kitchen and started cooking something for him to eat.

"Can you quit with the banging and the clattering please?! I'm trying to sleep!"

I gritted my teeth and walked into the living room, "Can you stop being a spoiled little shit?"

"Excuse me?" Jayceon raised his eyebrow at me.

"I'm trying my best to take care of you, and all I'm getting back is snappy replies and bitchy comments. Stop it! I know that you're hurt, I know that. Why don't you trust me Jay? You know I wouldn't hurt you." I expressed, sitting down next to him on the couch.

"Why don't I trust you? Why don't I trust you? I don't trust you because you snitched me out! I don't trust you because you were working for your dad all along. You never loved me! Ya used me! You betrayed me!"

I felt the tears fill my eyes. I knew what I'd done. I knew he'd struggle to trust me. But he didn't understand, it felt like nobody did, it felt like nobody knew I was forced into this. I never wanted to be the daughter of a gang lord, I wanted to be normal.

"Jay," I placed my hand over his. With hesitation, he left his hand under mine. "Please."

"I can't trust you, okay? I can't just give myself up to you again. I did that last time and now look where I am. I got shot for you."

"Jay I can't tell you how grateful I am, please. Let me look after you." I leaned forward and kissed his cheek.

Jayceon took my face and held it, "If the child is mine, I won't leave ya side."

"Thank you."

Jay moved his arm up, leaving the perfect space for me. I moved close to him and lay against his side, his arm gently around me. I felt safe once more. He held me close until my eyes grew heavy and I couldn't stay awake.