Pain//His Dirty Little Secret

(Heyyyyy)

💁🏽 Natasha 💁🏽

I was asleep on the couch. A soft, fluffy blanket had been thrown over my body. Sleep was something that I needed constantly lately.

I was awaken abruptly by a bang. The echo of panicked voices flew through the front door. I sat up. That's when I saw him.

Blood was pouring from his abdomen. His skin was paler than normal. Sweat beaded down his face. He could barely walk. Dominique held him up as he stumbled.

"Jay?" I stood quickly. "Lie him down here!" I moved the blanket and waited for them to lie him on the couch. It was obvious that he was in immense pain. His jaw was tight as he gritted his teeth. A vein in his temple bulged. His eyes were squeezed closed.

I knelt next to him and gripped his hand, he held on tightly, hurting my hand but I didn't care.

"Keep him focused." Dominique said.

I leaned over him and strokes my fingers across his cheek bone, "Jayceon look at me."

He peeked his eyes open at me.

"That's it, I wanna see those eyes." I said softly, stroking his cheek. I felt one of his hands fall on my waist and grip my shirt as he cried out in pain. Dominique was removing a bullet from his stomach.

"Jayceon." I tried to steer his attention towards me and away from the pain. I stayed with him as they sewed his stomach up.

Dominique guided me to the kitchen and spoke with a low voice, "He needs rest. Keep him down here. Try to look after him. Do you need me to stay?"

I shook my head softly, "He may not like me, but I still care about him. He'll be fine with me. What happened to him?"

"We got involved with a small brawl around the corner. Nothing to worry about Natasha." He smiled softly. "Thanks for taking care of him, Nat." Dominique left the house with the rest of the boys.

I crept quietly into the living room, Jayceon was fast asleep with his cut up shirt on the floor. I walked over and carefully undid the laces on his shoes before pulling them off. I unbuckled his belt, to release the pressure, and slid his jeans off of him. He seemed comfortable in the position he was in. I lay the fluffy blanket over his body carefully and tucked the sides under his body.

I sat with his motionless body for a while, watching his chest slowly rise and fall. I knew that he'd probably had worse injuries, but I hoped he'd be okay.