11. The Aftermath

Începe de la început

"Are you insane? What is wrong with you?" She asks, sitting on my bed next to me.

"I think I need to stop all contact with him. Why put myself through all of this? I don't even know how he feels, or what his motives are. Look at me. Do I really seem the type to be spotted with someone like him?"

Even though I'm a couple of years older than her, she looks at situations in such a logical way; and I find myself seeking advice from her when I truly need it. I can already see her brain working in overdrive to find the right things to say, and I need some good ol' sisterly advice right now.

"What would you do?" I plead softly.

"You firstly need to try not letting the fact of Harry being a celebrity affect your decision. You're kind of halfway there considering you don't really know much about him, and he must love the fact that you're not fangirling over him."

"What's fangi-" My question is cut short, as she raises a finger up to prevent me from interrupting her.

"My advice to you is to continue spending time with him as you normally would. Maybe try to be as low key as you can about it. See how things go, take it all in your stride and don't cheat yourself out of anything in life because of a few small issues."

Except those 'small' issues aren't exactly all that small really...

She looks at me as if she were a proud mother living vicariously through her daughter.

"I always wanted Harry to be with someone normal, and if it can't be me, then I guess I'll have to settle with it being you," she gushes, holding my shoulders, and still beaming from ear to ear.

"You're insane," I comment, unable to keep the smile from my face.

We both continue to chat for a while about the situation at hand, and she suggests putting the One Direction: This Is Us movie on for 'research'. I haven't seen it yet, but I find myself really getting into it, and I'm completely blown away by the amount of fans at the concerts and outside their hotels. I knew they were big but I didn't know they were this big.

I'm completely biased for obvious reasons, though I loved all the moments with Harry just being his playful self. Like how he was messing around when they needed a photo of him, or how he was running away from security every chance he got. I love that kind of nature in people and he seems to make the best of an otherwise boring situation. I can't imagine how lonely things would get for him, unable to live as a regular person, and hope that he can feel like a normal guy throughout his time with me.

The movie ends with Harry's pants being pulled down, and I may or may not have replayed that scene over again. When it gets to the hilarious credits scene, I look over to see that Marnie has fallen asleep. I pull the covers over her, and as the movie returns to the main menu, I press play and watch it again as I drift into a peaceful sleep.

- - -

When I wake, Marnie is no longer in my room, and I can see that I've fallen asleep in my clothes that I was wearing from yesterday. I head over to the mirror to see my hair is disheveled, and I have dark circles around my eyes. That'll teach me for not removing my make up before bed.

I've always secretly hated those kind of girls that wake up perfect in the morning, when here I am looking like I've been punched in both eyes. I head to the bathroom to have a quick shower, and I'm only in there for a few moments before the water starts to run cold. Brooklyn! I curse under my breath over my brother using up all of the hot water, and I rush a shower that I should have otherwise enjoyed.

When I'm done, I quickly get dressed into some workout gear, and hum as I go downstairs, ready to make a quick breakfast. As I'm preparing my mango berry smoothie, I hear my mother fumbling around in her room.

"Late again I see," I call out to her, letting her know I'm downstairs.

"That bloody alarm. I have so much to do," she frets, as she enters the room, with her left heel on, and the other in her hand. She kisses me quickly on the cheek and briskly pours some coffee into her thermos.

"Will you be home this afternoon for lunch?" I enquire, flipping through a gossip magazine on the counter.

"Can't. I have back to back meetings with important clients of mine."

Mum has been in real estate since before I was born and she has built up quite a name for herself. She now owns the business she works for and has a number of high-end clientele.

She runs out the door, before hastily re entering the kitchen as she forgot her handbag on the counter.

"We'll talk later Missy!" she threatens, with a mischievous grin plastered on her face as she runs towards the door.

"There's nothing to talk about!" I yell back as the door slams shut.

I'm deeply engrossed in an interview with Kendall and Kylie Jenner from their recent trip to Australia. They've definitely grown up from what I remembered them to be. Both pretty girls - though one may have needed a bit of help from a surgeon to get there, but pretty nonetheless.

I hear my ringtone upstairs, and I drop what I'm doing to answer it in time. It stops just before I reach the phone, however the number was blocked. Could it be Harry? Within a matter of seconds, my phone starts ringing again, and I answer it on the second ring.

"Hello?" I hesitantly answer.

I am greeted by the deep voice of a male.

"Ava?"

...

Question of the chapter: Do you think Ava should listen to Marnie's advice and follow her heart so to speak, or should she stop all contact with Harry if she feels she can't handle the lifestyle that comes along with him? Who do you also think the male caller is on the other line?

Please make sure you've voted, and that you're following me on social media for any updates!

Twitter: WordsWithGem
Instagram: gemma.allan
Snapchat: gemma.allan

#PPDPM