his little angel [I]

Dawn's P.O.V

I kept on pacing around the living room until Braden growled making me freeze.

"Just cut that off Dawn, you're going to dig a hole there!" Braden snapped at me, I didn't make a comment about his tone or rudeness for I knew that out of all of us Braden was hurting the most since out of the five of us he was the closest one to mum, she was the only one who truly understood him.

"At what time did dad say he would be here?" I asked as I leaned against the wall and stared at them.

"Dad said he would be here for dinner." Alex reminded me before he slapped away Damien's hand as he was constantly poking his ribs.

"That was two hours ago, I know that lately dad has been late for dinner but don't you think this is too much?" I said as I groaned in annoyance.

"He will be here sis, relax." Hunter said before he plopped his feet on the coffee table and I glared at him, just because mum was gone that didn't mean that the rules in this house no longer applied.

"Don't you think it's strange, I mean mum left without a warning or whatsoever." I said as I sat on the sofa next to Damien who leaned against me.

"Dawn, there were warnings; we were just to absolved in our problems to even notice how mum was breaking down." Braden said as he clenched his fists.

"Um, I'm going to bed." Harmony said as she stood up, something was off with her.

"Harmony, is there something wrong? You've been awfully quiet." I pointed out and she stopped dead.

"Nothing, I'm fine, I'm just a bit tired." Harmony said but I noticed that her voice trembled, she was very nervous.

"Harmony," I said slowly meeting her gaze. "do you know something we don't?"

Harmony looked at us before she gave a sight.

"Whenever you all went to train or where at school while I was here due to the cast, your parents they would fight, they had heated arguments about how your father wasn't there for your needs or your mother's, how he was constantly distant or absent. I never truly said anything because it wasn't my place to say so but just hear your parents out, there must be a good reason for all of this." Harmony said before she left the living room.

We all stayed in silence, we knew that because of work and the constant threats to our pack things were bad between our parents but we never imagined it would get to this point.

"Do you think it had to do with that blonde woman?" I said in deep thought.

"What are you talking about Dawn?" Braden asked me confused.

I shook my head, I forgot that they didn't know about it.

"When mom said that dad was out of town because of a business trip, he wasn't, he never really left town. Harmony and I saw dad with this blonde lady, now before you say that I probably misread it all and that she was a client, that woman was too close and constantly touching dad for it to be strictly business and not to mention that he life, why say that he was going to be out of town when clearly, he wasn't? And remember that night, mum was drinking something she rarely did, do you think that she had found out about this? That dad could possibly be having an affair?" I told them but before anyone could answer the doorbell rang.

"Dad probably forgot his keys." Alex said as I gently moved away Damien who had dose off on my shoulder and stood up to get the door.

I opened the door slowly and there I found the people I expected now.

"Hey gorgeous." He said with an amused smile.

I gave a small chuckle before I threw my arms around him.

"Uncle Zac!" I said completely joyful.

"Now we can tell who's the favorite uncle here." My aunt Abby said with a chuckle as they entered the house.

"Guys, uncle Zac, aunt Abby and Angel are here!" I said as I stepped into the living room with them behind me.

"Angel's here?" Damien said as he stirred awake, given the fact that the triplets and Angel were months apart they had grown up extremely close, they would always hang out during spring break when they came to visit or during summer when we went over to Pennsylvania.

"What are you all doing here? It's very late for you all to be up." Aunt Abby said as she looked at us confused.

"We are waiting for dad to come home, I don't know if you heard about mom." Alex told them as he trailed off.

Uncle Zac nodded.

"Your mom called us in the morning, it's part of the reason why we are here right now." He told us.

"Guys, why don't you go to bed, take Angel with you since she is still half asleep? Dawn and Braden, can you please stay behind? We need to talk to you two." Aunt Abby told us in a stern tone.

"Some of us must share a room since Harmony is in one of the guestrooms." Hunter said as they went upstairs.

"Who's Harmony?" Uncle Zac asked confused.

"She's Braden's mate." I said as I sat in the sofa next to my brother.

"It seems like we have missed a lot." My uncle said in response.

For the rest of the night my uncle and aunt informed us about the constant threats the packs on the south and east were getting, uncle Zac had an uncle, his name was Enzo, he had cause several problems with his pack and had even tried to pursue my mom due to her powers, this was mainly one of the reasons why my parents and pack had always been so overprotective, since a young age I had proven to be powerful but I had been raised to pretend that I had been born with no powers, that I was weak even; uncle Zac told us that Enzo had passed away recently and that the Luna of the pack had taken over although Enzo's mate had died years ago, but what was even stranger was the fact that Luna was now taking in rogues which clearly alarmed nearby packs, it was as if they were preparing for an invasion, it was only a matter of time before they started to attack.

I slowly took a sip from my coffee and leaned against the counter, I heard someone enter the kitchen and looked up, it was Damien.

"Hey, at what time did dad get here last night?" Damien asked as he rubbed his eyes.

"He didn't, he never came home last night." I told him in a tired tone.

I had stayed up last night waiting but he never showered up.

Damien looked at me confused, he looked more awake than he did earlier.

"Then who's in his study?" He asked me puzzled.

I frowned before I headed to the study, I didn't hear him get here, but as soon as I opened the study instead of seeing my dad there was a woman sitting on my mum's desk, she currently had my parents wedding picture in her hands.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her coldly.

"You must be Dawn." She said with a smile as she placed down the frame, this time with the picture facing the desk.

It was the blonde lady; the same one I had seen my dad with before.