a broken doll

Braden's P.O.V

Something was wrong, until recently my wolf had started to get very restless, part of me thought that it was the guilt that was eating me alive, I still couldn't believe that I had hit my baby sister, accident or not I had harmed her when it was me who was her protector, I was to make sure no one would ever hurt her, now that I really thought about it something felt really wrong aside from the fact that I had been a complete jerk towards my sister.

"Did she say anything?" I asked my sister who rolled her eyes at something.

Dawn glared at me before she gave a scoff.

"Aside from the fact that you were an ass to her and broke her heart? No, I don't think she mentioned anything else." Dawn said sarcastically.

I glared at her in response.

I knew something was wrong, my wolf had the sudden need to get out and run to his mate and the need, this feeling intensified as the seconds passed by.

"Unless." Dawn said after a while, her voice was low trailing off.

"What?" I asked her, I could feel my heartbeat increase.

Dawn frowned as she chewed the inside of her cheek nervously.

"When she called me, Harmony sounded a bit off, nervous or scared even, I dismissed it since I thought it was because of what happened earlier but now that I think about it there was some screaming in the background, I thought that maybe it was a movie or something, then someone was hitting a wall or a door, well it was more like they were slamming their fists against it and before I could even ask Harmony about it she panicked and hung up on me. Sure, I was confused about it for a while but then dad came home completely pissed off for what you had done in school and then he and mum started fighting." Dawn said with a sour look as she shook her head.

"Fuck." I cursed as I grabbed my keys and rushed outside, Dawn ran after me confused.

"I don't think you should really worry Braden, maybe I misunderstood everything. Harmony lives mostly by herself, she has no siblings, her mother passed way when she was very young and her father although he is barely home I doubt he would do something like that to his daughter." Dawn said as she followed me outside to my truck.

I shook my head and got to my truck.

"I'm such an idiot." I said as I started my truck, if I headed off to her house in my wolf form I would only draw the attention of other humans and rogues.

"Braden, don't you think you're overreacting?" Dawn asked as she opened the passenger door and stood there looking at me confused.

"That's what you don't understand Dawn, Harmony told me that she was having financial problems because her father drinks a lot, he is an alcoholic, I never thought he would be capable of hurting Harmony aside from not giving her money for rent or food but what if he does?" I said before Dawn jumped into the truck with me.

"Then what are you waiting for you idiot, floor it!" Dawn screamed at me before I started to drive as fast as I could.

"What are you doing?" I asked Dawn as I noticed that she was texting someone.

"After that fucking stunt, you pulled at Harmony I don't think she will want to talk to you or even see you, so I'm texting Lucas to meet us up at her house so he can talk to her." Dawn said as she texted like crazy.

Once we reached the house I noticed that most of the lights in the house were off, didn't Harmony hate that she lived in an area so excluded from the rest of the town? As I drove down towards her street Dawn gave a gasp.