momma bear [I]

Dawn & Lucas

Dawn's P.O.V

"Do you think they're going to get there in time? What if it's too late?" Lucas asked as he drove the car, my hands were gripping the seat, my nails nearly digging into the leather, at this point I was literally at the edge of my seat.

I fought the urge to snap at him, how could he doubt in a moment like this? Instead of making me feel better Lucas was only fueling the fear within me.

"Of course, they will get there in time Lucas, they left before we did. They will get to the pack house in no time, unless..." I trained off as I realized something, how could I had been so stupid?

It was too late to warn them or to warn her, goddess this was bad.

"Unless what?" Lucas asked me confused.

I shook my head trying to calm down before Lucas realized just how freaked out I was.

"Go as fast as you can Lucas, we need to get there soon!" I said as my voice slightly shook in fear.

We had been in Alpha Kaden's pack, as usual we were doing the annual visit to go over the treaty and be assured that the peace would remain, at least it was all business with the Alphas and Betas, for the rest of us we took this as an excuse to have a gathering between the packs, we would have like a small party in other words, it was in this moment that we were informed that Victoria had not left the state and the pack territory like she had informed my dad, instead she had used that as a decoy, once she knew we were hours away Victoria had decided to head back to the house believing that it was empty but she didn't know that Harmony had decided last minute to stay behind. Victoria had made her intentions quite clear to me that day in the coffee house, knew that given the chance Victoria would kill all of us, so why wouldn't she try to hurt Harmony now that she was by her lonesome?

As soon as my dad and brother had learned about this they had shifted and headed to the house, due to special circumstances I opted to stay in my wolf form and use my father's car to drive back home, it would take longer but it was my best option; Lucas of course being the overprotective mate that he is objected on letting me drive by myself given the fact that we were in another territory and that his uncle could strike at any moment especially if I was alone.

"Dawn, please calm down, what do you mean by that? Unless what?" Lucas asked me confused but nevertheless increased his speed.

"The pack, they would get there in time to save Harmony, to prevent Victoria from hurting her unless something or someone holds them off. I never really thought about this but remember that at the beginning of the meeting Alpha Kaden and his beta mention how for the past days there were some rogues circling both his territory and my dad's, none of them would enter the territory or attack, it was as if they were waiting for the perfect moment to attack. What if that moment was now?" I asked him, this made perfect sense and that was the worst thing in our case.

Lucas cursed under his breath before he once again stepped on the gas, it was a good thing that we had decided to use the private road that connected our territories, for this way we had to not worry about being pulled over by a car or having any upcoming traffic, in no time we had arrived in the house, but by the time we reached the pack house by worst suspicions were confirmed for none of the pack members had arrived yet which was nearly impossible, something must've held them off.

Without waiting for Lucas to fully stop the car I sprung from my seat immediately and started to run to the house, this was a matter of time.

"Dawn stop, it could be a trap!" Lucas said racing after me, he grabbed my hand holding me back.

Before I could even try to fee myself from his grip on of the large panel windows from the studio was broken as Victoria was thrown outside. Victoria stumbled to the ground, her body was partially bloody and bruised, as hard as Harmony had been training there was no way she could inflict such damage in Victoria, especially if it was for self-defense. My question was soon responded when my mom stepped on the ledge of the window looking completely pissed off before she leaped outside and started to get closer to Victoria who snarled and growled in response.

"Do you think your mom needs help?" Lucas said concerned as we both looked at them although he didn't sound fully convinced for he had seen the damage my mum had already inflicted on Victoria.

"Actually, I believe that in this case Victoria will be the one needing our help." I said as I looked at them for a second.

"What do you mean?" Lucas asked frowning confused.

"Have you ever seen my mum completely pissed off? You'll see soon enough why my mum isn't someone to be messed with." I said before my mum shifted into her wolf form, silver lights started to swirl around my mum as if it was her personal armor, an aura that would protect her.

Lucas stared in disbelief but soon was snapped back into reality when I freed myself and ran towards the studio where I found a very shaken and scared Harmony.

"Are you alright?" I asked Harmony as I aid her so she could carefully step out of the window without getting harmed.

Harmony nodded slowly and looked at my mum shocked as she fought Victoria, both in their wolf forms.

"She tried to kill me." Harmony said slowly still in disbelief.

"Don't worry, mom will put Victoria in her place. Finally, someone will put Victoria in her place." I said as I helped Harmony.

As we spoke I heard a loud howl that gave me cold chills all over my body. I cursed under my breath as Harmony looked around lost.

"You need to hide, now!" Lucas said as he looked at us tense.

"Luca, we both know that they are looking for me, it's better if we face them. Dad and the rest of the pack are already here." I said as he nodded, seeing that this was the only option we had left.

"What's happening?" Harmony asked confused.

"You're about to witness your first attack Harmony." I said before I pulled her into the house.

I quickly gathered some of the weapons that we had for cases like this. Despise that most of the pack members trained in their wolf forms my dad had made sure that we trained in our human forms as well in case something like this would happen. The training Harmony had was very useful in this care for she stood a chance, Braden was protecting Harmony the best he could do but in occasions she would have to fend for herself. Although the pack was now here, and quite pissed off that they had been ambushed by some rogues as they came back if you ask me, at this moment we needed all hands in deck for not only were we fighting off Victoria's pack of rogues but Alpha's Kiev pack that had decided to attack at the worst time ever. Even if I was currently in my human form I was faster than others, I had managed to master several weapons, to have them all at my will and need for cases like this, my victory of course was cut off short when Cassandra jumped me, she sprung at me hitting my side probably bruising a rib or two in the process, she viciously tackled me to the ground.

"Can't I get a fucking break?" I said groaning as I pushed her off my body to get up but before I could even stand up and have a fair chance to fight her off Cassandra punched me square in the jaw making me spit out blood.

"Oh, you're dead bitch!" I said between my teeth glaring at her.

Cassandra has just signed her death sentence.