sweet lies

Dawn's P.O.V

"Will you look at that, look who finally decided to come home. Is the honeymoon over?" I asked with a smirk as I caught my brother and Harmony trying to sneak into the house.

I leaned against the stair rail looking at them in complete amusement.

"You don't know what you're talking about." Braden said in a monotone taking his stance while Harmony stood behind him flustered in embarrassment only proving my initial suspicion.

I glared at my brother and rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"Please Braden, I'm not that stupid, it's obvious if you ask me; you both disappeared for the entire weekend, it doesn't take much to put two and two together. Besides Harmony smells like you, your scent is all over her." I said as I looked at Harmony who placed her red face on Braden's back hiding from my gaze, I chuckled looking at Harmony who seemed so delicate and small, she wore some of Braden's spare clothes which were baggy on her petite frame.

Braden smiled smugly at my comment.

"Good, that way other wolves will know she's taken." Braden said as he placed his arm around Harmony possessively.

The mere sight gave me the urge to roll my eyes in annoyance, mating season was getting closer and soon ever wolf especially Alphas would become over possessive.

"Of that's the case then why didn't you mark her?" I asked confused and noticed how Harmony paled at my words.

"We're going to wait until mum comes back, we don't want to rush into things." Braden said calmly and I nodded slowly.

"Yet you didn't mind rushing into other things." I said in a low voice and Harmony cleared her voice, she was quite uncomfortable.

"I'm going to change my clothes." Harmony said as she started to make her way upstairs, if the poor girl could die from embarrassment she would be eight feet under.

"I'm already calling dibs on being the godmother of your first born!" I called out as Harmony rushed upstairs fleeing from me as fast as she could.

I chuckled in amusement before I felt Braden's hard gaze.

"Stop messing with her Dawn." Braden said and I smiled.

"But she looks so adorable, and I can fully say now that my plan worked; although I didn't think this would end up with you two sleeping together." I said trailing off.

"So, you are the one that sent Harmony that night to find me?" Braden asked me surprised.

I stared at him blankly.

"Who else would've been Braden? I'm the only one that knows where you go underground fighting, I'm the only one who knows who you are in the city. I knew it was going to be dangerous yet Harmony knows how to take care of herself. She was the only one that could actually snap you back to reality, also those doubts and fears of yours aside from Mia's mind control were overclouding your senses yet I knew that the fear of losing the woman you love was stronger than that." I confessed as I met my brother's gaze.

Without waring Braden pulled me into his arms and hugged me tightly.

"Thank you Dawn, you always know exactly what I need. Now where is Lucas?" Braden asked in a low voice making me frown.

"Why?" I asked him.

"I'm going to kill him, how dare he mark my baby sister as his?" Braden said and I scoffed in response, was he being serious right now?