pack & family [II]

Harmony's P.O.V

I gave a groan as I punched the sack with all my might, now I understood why Braden liked spending so many hours here training, this was the best way to blow off steam but something made me wonder, what was Braden so angry about? Why the sudden change of mood?

"Whoa, who pissed you off big time?" A voice asked as the doors were opened.

I stopped punching the sack and turned around to find Dawn entering the training room.

"Dawn, you're back." I said as I smiled at her.

She gave a small shrug.

"Yeah, I spoke to my dad, and before that my mom gave me a call and told me how things were and to be easier on dad. They explained me everything but why the fuck didn't anyone think about telling me that Victoria is a freaking siren and that she is messing with dad's head?" Dawn said in an annoyed tone.

I gave a small chuckle, it was good to have her back.

"It slipped our minds probably." I said half-convinced before my gaze settled on Dawn's neck, there she had this blue ink design, it started with two dots in the center that swirled out in this captivating design, delicate twirls that intertwined, in between them I noticed tiny stars, and a crescent moon.

"You like it?" Dawn said with a smile as she noticed that I was staring.

"You got a tattoo?" I asked slightly surprised making her chuckle.

"This isn't a tattoo Harmony, this is a werewolf mark, Lucas' marked me." Dawn said proudly, it was something that as a she-wolf, Dawn would be proud of, this only meant that Lucas belonged to her and her to him.

"That's amazing." I said as I started to take off the bandages from my hands.

"What about Braden, has he had any luck with marking you yet?" Dawn asked as she looked at my neck probably searching for some signs of a mark.

I gave a tired sigh.

"By how things currently are between Braden and I, it won't surprise if by the end of this month Braden wants to break off with me." I said as I fasten my hair in a messy ponytail.

"Right, my dad did mention that Braden was acting out again." Dawn said as she leaned against some of the equipment they had there.

"Again? So, Braden has been like this before?" I asked Dawn as I frowned.

Dawn nodded as she pursed her lips.

"More often than we would like." Dawn admitted in a low voice.

I frowned at her completely confused.

"But do you guys even know what triggers this behavior of his?" I asked her.

Dawn met my gaze ad nodded slowly.

"Yes, but here is the thing Harmony, there are many factors that take play in Braden's behavior, one of them being that my brother has strong Alpha blood, that he is meant to be the Alpha. Just imagine any strong emotion you feel, pain, anger, sadness, all of them being intensified to the point that it can be nearly overwhelming, also the fact that Braden has anger issues or that Mia as a siren is constantly messing with his head doesn't really help his case." Dawn said as she shook her head and rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"You noticed that too?" I said in a dry voice.

"The bitch makes it obvious, but I think this time it's different, I mean even my dad knows that Braden is in a very dark place. Both Braden and I have gone through very tough things given who we are but I had Braden as my protector and my family to keep me sane yet Braden whether he likes to admit it has always been an outcast in the term that he has no one to keep him grounded, someone to remind him of his reality." Dawn confessed in a somber tone.