an unexpected trip

[Harmony ^]

Harmony's P.O.V

I couldn't breathe.

There was a lot of pressure on my chest, I couldn't breathe and everything was escalading too quickly for me that I had fallen behind, it was as if I were trapped, a prisoner of my own skin and bones, prisoner of my mere existence, every second felt eternal yet time was racing and somehow I had fallen behind everything and everyone, I couldn't hear or see anything clearly yet everything was so sharp, so loud and my skin had never felt so thin, I couldn't control my body, I was in pain yet I felt numb, I felt trapped here yet I was an outsider to the world, to everything and to myself.

I felt like I was dying, drowning and all the pain, trouble and agony was build up together, they were my emotions that were coiling up and making me crumble down.

It was too much.

In between my state of haze, I heard someone entered the restroom, I heard some footsteps but it was in the distance as if I was not there.

Everything was fading away.

"Hey are you okay?" A distant voice asked me, I could hear the worry lacing up her voice.

My breathing was short, fast and worked up, I was shaking so all I managed to do was shake my head.

I felt her get near and looked up.

In between my confusion, I was able to see a girl with black hair and curious blue eyes, she had tan skin, she was wearing blue jean shorts, a black tank and a yellow cardigan, I had seen hear earlier today but right now I could not really place her.

She looked at me waiting for my answer before I shook my head feeling how the tears rolled down my face.

"Hey, you're okay." She said in a soft voice before I broke down into sobs.

The girl got closer to me, she sat next to me on the floor and forced me to meet my gaze.

"You are going to be okay." She said slowly as she looked at me, it was as if she knew exactly what to say.

"I can't." I managed to croak out.

The girl gave me a small smile.

"I know how you feel but this is all in your head. Close your eyes and envision that safe heaven, relax and take deep breaths." The girl said as she held my shaking hands, her warm hands holding my cold ones.

I closed my eyes and tried to breath, I could hear my heart pumping through my ears as crazy as it sounded, but surely enough with those soft words of encouragement, of her saying over and over again that everything was going to be fine, that I was not alone in this, and surely enough I slowly started to get back to normality.

It was a slow process but it was happening.

"So, what's your name?" The girl asked after a couple of minutes of complete silence.

I took a deep breath, leaning my head against the wall, licked my lips and spoke.

"It's Harmony, my name is Harmony." I said, my voice was still trembling, it was the aftershocks of the panic attack but I could deal with it.

The girl also leaned against the wall a small smile in her face.

"And tell me if you can, what has you so worked you today Harmony?" The girl asked me.

I gave a sigh.

"Boys, no other than boys." I told her.

She gave a small chuckle.