a new era

Dawn's outfit:

I gave a groan as I slowly started to wake up, I felt a heavy arm around my waist and a soft breathing against my neck, I turned around and snuggled into his chest feeling his steady breathing, he pulled me closer to him as he mumbled in his sleep resting his chin softly on the top of my head.

"Wake up, you got thirty minutes before school starts!" A voice hollered from downstairs, it was my dad.

I cursed under my breath before I pulled away and stretched my limbs, I sat up and placed my hands on my face as I groaned once again.

The bed shifted next to me as he sat up as well and stood up stretching.

I never understood why men liked to sleep only in the boxers or at least shirtless until I gave it a go, also just like him it gave them a perfect chance to flaunt off their abs.

"Are you okay Dawn?" He asked in a worried voice gaining my attention, he had noticed that I was a bit off, his green eyes bored into my blue ones.

I nodded slowly before we heard someone clear their throat by the doorway, we looked up to meet my mum's gaze, she was currently leaned against the doorway with her arms crossed in front of her chest.

"Care to explain what is going on here?" Mum asked as she looked at us curiously.

Before I could answer he got to the door and kissed mum's cheek.

"Morning mum." He said with a small chuckle of amusement as he ducked to reach her cheek.

"Breakfast will be serve in fifteen minutes if your father manages to not burn the food this time." Mum called after him.

"Mom, dad always burns the food, why do you let him keep doing breakfast?" I asked my mom as I fixed the straps of my tank top and placed the fabric down my stomach that had ridden up during my sleep.

"Don't try to change the subject Dawn, what were you doing sleeping in your brother's bed?" My mom asked me as she met my gaze.

I gave a small shrug before I looked down hugging myself.

"Is it the dreams?" My mom asked me and I shook my head.

"No mom, I couldn't sleep so I asked Braden if I could sleep in the bed with him. You know that if I feel close to him I feel safe, Braden coxed me to sleep last night, I guess I was nervous and all." I told my mom, she didn't need to know the entire truth.

My mom looked at me and gave a sigh, she knew I wasn't telling her everything but she didn't ask anything else.

"Well get ready so we can all have breakfast." My mom said before she turned around and walked back downstairs.

Once I was alone in the room I got out of the bed and headed towards my bedroom that was just down the hallway.

I got to my room and dressed up using my washed up light blue jean shorts, a black tank and a yellow cardigan, I brushed my hair and did my makeup before I placed my ankle combat boots and headed downstairs where I could hear everyone in the kitchen.