a past

Harmony's P.O.V

Dawn gave a sigh blowing her side bands out of her face as she finished cleaning the bar.

"What's wrong?" I asked Dawn as I placed down my pen and took a sip of my caramel latte, Dawn had only worked a week in the café but she was a complete goddess when it came to making caffeine drinks.

"I hate the morning rush, who knew teenage girls, especially middle schoolers could be so whiny when it came to their frappes." Dawn said as she leaned over the bar.

I just shrugged in response.

"Beats me, although I truly don't know how you survived all of that." I told Dawn, if it had been me I wouldn't have lasted a minute before I had a massive anxiety attack.

"Well I have to if I want to get my car." Dawn said before her gaze fixed on something behind me.

"What is it?" I asked her as I turned around.

"It's nothing, I thought I saw my dad in the store across the street, but he's away on a business trip." Dawn said not completely convinced before she moved over to serve ore coffee to a costumer, she then looked up shocked.

"Dawn, the coffee!" I said grabbing her attention since she was spilling the coffee all over the bar.

Mumbling a quick apology and after cleaning Dawn got closer to me.

"It is my dad, it is him although I don't understand why my mum would lie and tell us that he was away on a business trip." Dawn said and I shrugged in response before I turned around, surely enough I saw Dawn's father exit the store along with a tall blonde lady.

"Who is she?" I asked Dawn, I hadn't seen her before.

"I don't know but I don't like her one bit." Dawn said angry as she watched them get in a car and leave.

The door chimed as another costumer walked in, Dawn eyes snapped up and she gave a groan.

"Great, just what I needed." Dawn said under her breath as Lucas walked to the bar towards us.

"Hey can you make me a coffee, sweet cheeks." Lucas said as he stood next to me and smirked at Dawn.

In response Dawn rolled her eyes before she looked at the clock behind her.

"Actually, no my shift just ended." Dawn said before she took off her black apron and black cap revealing her dark green plaid shirt and black leggings, she walked from behind the bar with her bag.

"Come on, don't be like that sweet cheeks." Lucas told her, Dawn simply rolled her eyes and let her hair out of her ponytail completely ignoring him.

"Where are you going?" I asked her confused, it was Saturday and as far as I knew we didn't have any other plans.

"I have a class to teach. I'll see you later Harmony, Lucas." Dawn said as she gave him a dirty look before she left.

"She sure is something." Lucas said as he watched Dawn leave.

"You like her, don't you?" I pointed out with a smile and Lucas chuckled.

"What can I say Harmony, that girl got me tripping, even with that feisty attitude of hers." Lucas said with a grin, an idiotic grin at that.

"Isn't that the truth." I said with a small chuckle before I took a sip of my latte.

The rest of the weeks slowly turned into a routine, on the weekends I would spend my mornings in the café with Dawn working on my homework as she worked, after she left for her dance class Lucas and I would hang out all day, as for the weekdays I would ride the bus with Lucas, at lunch I would sit with Braden, Dawn, Lucas and Jake trying my best to ignore the constant death glares both Mia and Wade sent me, ever since that day in the cafeteria Wade was ignoring me despite my efforts he wouldn't talk to me, after school Braden would usually ask me out, we would go to the café, go hiking, bowling, go to the movies, and in occasions work in the projects we had as partners in school. Everything was going along so perfectly, that was if course until that night.

It was a Thursday night, after finishing my homework and cleaning the little mess around the house I decided to make myself a nice bubble bath, as I filled up the tub with water and started to set the mood I heard something break downstairs, I quickly closed the faucet and rushed down the stairs to see what was going on, was someone breaking in?

My father stood there in the doorway, he cursed before he slammed the door shut, he had knocked over a bottle and there was now glass scattered everywhere. Seeing my dad like this, drunk out of his mind was a very bad sign. I tried to back away making no noise but I missed the second step and ended up falling to the hard-wooden floor, thankfully some of the glass wasn't there.

My father's head snapped up, his eyes were bloodshot, full of pure anger, rage and hatred.

"You!" He spat out stumbling towards me, before I could react and run away he yanked me up by my hair and slammed my head against the wall.

I whimpered out in pain, tears rolling down my face.

"No." I said as I tried to free myself but he had a tight grip on me.

"You, stupid little bitch, it's all your freaking fault." He said grabbing a fistful of my hair before he punched my sides.

"Dad, please stop!" I said as I closed my eyes tightly.

"It's your fault Camila is dead, you're the reason she's dead, you killed her!" My father screamed as he hit me repeatedly despite my tears and pleas.

I gave a small whimper as I eased myself into the hot water, after last night I didn't have any strength to get up instead I stayed there crying until I feel asleep, today I had barely managed to get to my bedroom and take a bath; I had bruises all over my ribcage and stomach, some of them so dark that I knew for a fact that they would take weeks to completely fade away.

I guess it was stupid of me to think that everything would get better, sure we were in a new town, he had a new job and all but no matter how perfect my life seemed to be going he would always come back, he would ruin it all, every single time no matter how much my life started to seem like a dream reality hit me all at once, this life of pain was a reality I could never escape.

After reading the messages from Braden, Dawn and Lucas as they wondered why I wasn't in class with them, I quickly replied telling them that I had a doctor's appointment and wouldn't be assisting school today, I really couldn't go to the Academy in this state, I could barely stand straight due to the pain.

So, it was better if I stayed here and ignored them, it was for the best.

And so, it went for three days, I didn't really leave my room hiding not only from my friends but my father as well afraid that he would finish what he started.

It was until Monday that I gathered enough courage to leave my bedroom, my father was gone, I quickly changed and headed to school, Lucas wasn't in the bus with me today which I couldn't be more relief for, in the Academy I walked alone through the hallways, as the students went to their classes I stayed behind lost in my own thoughts.

I jumped startled as one door was slammed.

"Harmony are you okay?" A voice said behind me.

I turned around and found Wade staring at me confused, I nodded slowly trying to find my voice.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said in a shaky voice, I didn't realize I was crying until I spoke.

Wade didn't hesitate before he wrapped his arms around me pulling me against his chest.

"Hey it's okay, don't cry." Wade said comforting me.

Before I could say anything, I heard a growl, I pulled away from Wade and turned around shocked.

It was Braden and he was pissed.