I didn't sign up

There are moments in life when you seriously start to doubt yourself, maybe in this mist of it all, in the center of complete chaos and once you were face to face with actual danger you were bound to double think every single mistake you have ever done, every single action that had lead you to this specific situation; like for this instant I wish I could go back in time for a couple of seconds and to make myself hold my tongue, just do anything to avoid Braden from having that murderous look, that same look he was currently directing at me.

"What did you just say?" Braden asked, venom nearly dripping off his voice.

I took a deep breath, my body was shaking due to the cold, or at least that was what I'd like to believe, my clothes currently clung to my body due to the rain, I'm sure that I resemble a wrench cat while Braden here was carelessly being his hot usual self.

I don't know how or where I manage to build up the courage, but I knew for sure that I wasn't ready for my sudden outburst.

"You heard me right." I said between my teeth as I swiftly managed to free myself and snuck by him, I started to walk away trying to calm my frenetic heartbeat; I was stopped short when Braden gripped my arm stopping me before he forced me to turn around.

"So that's it?" Braden said as he stared at me in complete disbelief.

I shrugged, that answer was simple enough to enrage him more.

"What else do you want me to do, do you want me to get on my knees and beg Braden? Is that what you want? For the past days, you have treated me like complete shit and I'm fed up with it, I'm done so if you want to act like you don't want me around then so be it, I might as well grant you your wish and leave. Maybe that way you'll be happier and will be able to please Mia, maybe she'll stop messing with your head once and for all after she gets what she wants." I screamed at him in rage.

"Is this what it is? Are you jealous Harmony?" Braden asked incredulously and I snapped.

"So, what if I am? You're far too busy to notice or to even care, if you think I'm going to stand there by the sideline watching you waste your life, lose your pack and family, you're wrong, you're wrong because you're losing me as well. You're an Alpha Braden, you might as well goddam act like one, you're an adult so be responsible for your actions once and for all. Own up to your mistakes and stop blaming other people for them." I said as I glared at him.

Braden narrowed his gaze at me.

"You wouldn't understand Harmony you're not a werewolf." Braden said and I scoffed before I started to walk away.

"Might as well get that off with and rub it in my face, right? As if I didn't already feel like a freaking outcast, do you think I like this? Here's the thing that you clearly don't understand Braden, I didn't sign up for this, I never wanted a mate, to be part of a pack or to know about the werewolf world; all I wanted was to go to school, graduate, get a decent job, and maybe down the lone meet someone, get married and start my own family. But I never had any of this in mind, not even on my wildest dreams!" I said as I turned around to face him.

"If this isn't what you want then, leave; what is holding you back? Leave like everyone in my life has done already!" Braden screamed in frustration and I giggled.

I laughed at this stupid man that now stood in front of me under the pouring rain.

"You still don't get it, do you?" I said as I laughed shaking my head in amusement at his confused look.

"You have lost it, haven't you?" Braden said in a wary tone.

"Haven't you figured it out yet that there is one solid reason why I haven't left? I had a somewhat decent and normal life, sure my life wasn't thrilling but I was content, in the exact moment I knew about you and werewolves I could have rejected you, yet I didn't; I have stayed despite you ignoring me, getting stupidly drunk and all those dipshit actions of yours, the only reason why I have put up with all of his and the reason alone if because I love you; I'm in love with you Braden James Coltrane, sure you might be a jerk sometimes and I'm more than sure you got your own demons but that doesn't make me love you any less, on the contrary it makes me love you even more, although I sometimes find that quite impossible for I love you more than I should, too much for my own good that you overcloud my senses." I said as I got close to him.