worth the fairy-tale ending

Dawn's P.O.V

"Are you sure about this?" I heard a voice coming from the hallway, it was my mother and for some reason she sounded extremely nervous.

I heard a small laugh in response, I could recognize that laughter anywhere it was my Aunt Savannah.

"She will love it, believe me Liz, she is your daughter after all." My aunt said making me frown, what was going on with them?

"But what kind of mother gives this to her child?" My mom interjected back, she sounded quite conflicted with herself.

"A cool one, do you know how much I would have loved my mother if she had given me something like this when it was my day? Then again my mother was an evil bitch who tried to kill me so I did never expect something like this but fuck it I was cool with getting in myself." Another voice said and that ladies and gentlemen was my Aunt Abby, she had truly never changed.

"I feel like I will embarrass her." My mom said nervously as they opened the door.

"Oh, you will but it will only be momentary." My aunt Savannah told her.

I turned around and looked at them confused, what was all this rouse about?

"I don't want to do this anymore." My mom said as she looked down and my aunts looked at her shocked.

"No, we went through all of this for nothing! Come on, we are doing this." My aunt Abby said before she yanked my mom inside the room.

"Abby, I said I'm not doing it. Oh my god." My mom said once she noticed that I was there standing in front of her.

I felt self-conscious now standing in front of her, I looked at the mirror to the side, everything seemed in place, the flower crown, the dress, my long lose curls, but then I noticed that my mother was crying.

"Mom, what's wrong?" I asked her as I frowned confused, were these happy or sad tears?

"Dawn, baby you look so beautiful." My mom said as she started to cry, I simply stared at how the tears rolled down her cheeks, okay at least they were happy tears.

I rolled my eyes at her and shook my head in amusement.

"Momma, what did we say? You aren't supposed to cry or else I'll cry too and we'll be a hot mess." I said as I looked at her and my mom gave a small laugh mixed with tears before she gave me a small sad smile.

"Sorry, I just never thought that this day would actually come, my little girl is actually getting married." My mom said as she looked at me proudly, I smiled at her feeling my eyes start to get watery that was of course until I noticed what my mom was currently fidgeting in her hands.

"Mum, do you have a thong on your hands?" I asked as I looked at her shocked, my mom looked at the light blue lace thong on her hands and smiled at me sheepishly.

"Yes, apparently I do." My mom said mortified as my aunt Abby snickered behind her.

"Why do you have a thong?" I asked her in a wary tone, if my aunts were behind this I could only assume the worse.

"Your mother here, has decided to give you something very special for your wedding day, you have something new, something old and something borrowed." My aunt Savannah said as she looked at my mom with a smirk before she looked at me.

"And now something blue." My mom said as she gestured the lace thong.

"So, you're giving me a thong for my wedding night?" I asked her unsure and my mom slowly nodded.