recovery [I]

Harmony's P.O.V

My head was pounding, no matter how hard I tried to open my eyes I couldn't, they were sealed shut.

"Him being in prison isn't enough." I heard an angry voice say, it was Braden.

"So, what do you suggest? That we kill him?" Another voice replied sarcastically, now I was more than sure that this was Dawn.

"I should've done that in the house, when I had the chance." Braden said, I could hear the venom dripping down his voice.

"I'm actually glad that you didn't." A voice said, I couldn't quite place it now.

"Mum, how could you say something like that? You saw how badly he hurt Harmony, she nearly died that night." Braden said both angered and shocked.

"Let's put it this way, if you had killed him that night you would've killed the last living relative Harmony has; monster or not he is her father." Mrs. Coltrane told him.

"That is not true, she has us, she isn't alone." Dawn told her mom.

"Either way Harmony is in our care now, we won't let him get near her unless Harmony decides to, until then her father will be locked up." Mrs. Coltrane said before I was meet with complete silence.

I felt someone touch me causing me to flinch shocked, I opened my eyes looking around in panic.

"Hey relax, Red it's just me." Braden said as he got near me.

I looked around, I was in one of the guestrooms in his house.

"What happened? What am I doing here?" I asked as I looked around confused, why was most of my body completely sore and in pain?

Braden stared at me blankly before he frowned.

"You don't remember anything?" Braden asked me surprised and I shook my head, there was nothing I could think of.

"No, what exactly happened and why does my body hurt a lot?" I asked him as I winced when I tried to move.

Braden was silent for a long time, he had that look as if he was mentally debating something, he stayed like that for a while until he spoke.

"You had an accident." Braden said in a low voice as he clenched his fists, it seems like it wasn't a nice one either if it had him like that.

"An accident, what happened?" I asked bewildered, I could not remember a single thing about it.

"What is the last thing you remember?" Braden asked me as he met my gaze.

I thought of it for a while before I spoke.

"My dad got home drunk, he was really pissed about something, that's the last thing I remembered." I said as I frowned looking away, I truly didn't recall anything else.

"There was a fire, most of your house burnt down." Braden said to my surprise.

I looked up at him shocked.

"What, but how? How is that even possible?" I asked flabbergasted, had he just say that?

"That's not the only thing, you dad nearly beat you up to death, if we hadn't gotten there in time I believe he would've killed you, we took you to the hospital and your dad was taken into custody." Braden said and I took a deep breath.

I closed my eyes, no matter how hard I tried I couldn't remember anything.

"Harmony?" Braden asked in a worried tone.