6. Surprise Visits & Musicial Delights

I know, another upload, and so soon. Well, this chapter I had written not long ago, because I was going to put it before the whole 'meet the family' thing in the last chapter, but then I felt it flows better if it was put in after instead.

Here we see Nina open up just a tiny little bit (it takes a lot of effort from Alec to get her to open up later on in the story. Lucky for us all, he hardly ever says no to anything!)

I really enjoyed this chapter as it brings a few laughs here and there, and I am going to bring more of Nina's aunt and uncle into the story in the upcoming chapters, so that you can understand why Nina is the way she is (although she is strong, there are some things she is not willing to open up about).

Anyway, without trying to give too much of the story away, here it is. You know what to do (Vote, Comment etc.)

Also, please hold on for later uploads. They still need to be written, so bare with me :)  

________________________________________________________

When I got home from meeting Alec's family, I was exhausted. Although I had fun, it was still a bit weary for someone to know about Alec and I, even if they were accepting in their own way.

The next day, I spent most of my free time in the art class, as the deadline for our art projects were coming to a close and we were due to start a new one soon. Poppy soon joined me, bringing a large array of food, mostly sandwiches and fruit, with her. She said she had noticed that I was heading here and she thought I might need some sustenance, but she looked almost as though she was trying to disguise a small smile that kept appearing on her face. Whatever that smile meant, I was thankful for the food and her company.

My project was completed by Thursday, which allowed me to relax and enjoy the peace of my free time on Friday. Or so I thought. 

"Oh my God, where have you been all week, girl?" Melissa asked as she sat down next to me in Maths class.

"I've been around. I just had to finish my art assignment before the end of the week."

"Oh," was all she replied, with a look of boredom on her face. If there was one thing, aside from the many things Melissa couldn't understand, it was art. Apparently, it was 'too hard'. Whereas for most people, it was something to do, an outlet to be creative, for girls like Melissa, unless it involved painting her nails, then she didn't want any part of it.

"You've been spending a lot of time with that Poppy girl as well," she said in an almost patronizing tone. Her expression was one of disdain, one which I didn't care for. I may not have known Poppy for all that long, but she was just one of those people you could just get on with immediately. There was always something to talk about, whether old or new, and it was always easy going. Never forced, or even strained.

"We have art together. And she's a friend," I said. From the look of surprise that came over Melissa's face, I may have been a little forceful in saying that, but I was simply defending Poppy. She was one of the nicest people you could ever meet, and I never understood people's need, especially girls' need, to be horrible to one another. And it wasn't as though Melissa even knew Poppy!

"Well, sorry," she said, slightly dragging out the apology, even though there was no remorse behind the words. "I didn't know you were such good 'friends' with the band guys."

I knew she was being deliberately spiteful, which caused me to scowl at her, even though she just turned away and began talking to someone else.

Just as I was beginning to settle down as the class was about to start, I felt something hit my neck. I looked down and saw a small piece of folded paper sitting at my feet. I bent to down to pick it up and looked around to see if the teacher was paying attention, and lucky for me, he wasn't.