Followed

"Eonni, I'm home!" I yelled as I unlocked the door of our apartment. I took of my shoes and went straight to my room to place my school bag on my bed and went to the living room and kitchen where I joined eonni on the couch watching some random tv show.

"There you are, were you on time for school today?" she asked.
"Yes and how was your day with the kids?" I asked.
"Alright, the usual thing." she said.
"I see." I sighed.
"What is it this time?" Somin eonni took her eyes off the screen and turned to look at me.
"Nothin-" I started but she stopped me.
"Kim Yoonji don't lie to me." she said and I sighed again.
"Fine, it's just that now that I'm seventeen it means that you're turning fourty and don't you think it's time to find yourself a partner? I mean you don't have to have kids but at least that you're not alone.." I asked.
"Who are you? My mother? I liked you better when you were seven. At that time you weren't as comfy with me like you are now.. Plus I'm not alone. I have you." she said.
"I love you too, eonni." I smiled at her.
"Whatever, did you eat yet?" she asked.
"Hmm.." I nodded.
"Liar! Didn't I tell you to not skip meals, young lady." eonni scolded and got up from her seat to make me something to eat.
"Don't call me that eonni." I sighed laying on the couch, burying my head on a pillow.
"Wae? Did that ajumma talk to you again?" she asked feeling that something was burdening me still and I nodded.
"What did she tell you this time?" Somin asked.
"Oh, nothing.. just that my boyfriend misses me and that Jiminie is waiting for me. That's all." I mumbled and got surprised as eonni managed to sit me back up.
"What?! How did she know about your Jiminie? And what boyfriend? Are you hiding something from me?!" she asked acting all dramatic.
"Ani! I don't have a boyfriend nor do I know how that ajumma knows about him and Jimin is not mine anymore.. wait he never was!" I said and hugged the pillow I placed my head on minutes ago.
"Did something else happen today?" Somin asked carefully. I took a deep breath and told her about my encounter with Jimin.
From the way she looked at me I knew that she was partly confused at him and worried for us.
"Don't worry about it. It's fine. It's just not the same anymore. People can change, eonni." I said.
"I-I'm sorry. Imma go prepare your meal." she said and went back behind the kitchen counter behind our couch.

I lay back down and stared at the ceiling remembering Jimin's face. I wonder if we can ever have a normal conversation.

-the next day; at school-

"Excuse me for interrupting your class. I'm investiga-" Jung Hoseok got interrupted as he carefully entered our classroom.
"Investigator, Jung Ho Seok. Yeah, yeah just get her quick." our teacher said as he already knew Hoseok and has heard his introduction countless of times. Hoseok gave me the sign to get out of class. It's not the first time that Jung Hoseok would visit me at school but it was the first time Jimin witnessed it and I could tell since I took a look at him before leaving and caught him staring at me. I felt his eyes on me the whole time till I finally exited out the classroom.

"Am I visiting you that often or why was he like that?" Hoseok asked. By now Josajanim or how I like to call him, Hope or Hobi, and I got as close as to friends ever since my mother's death. I gave him that nickname because he was my only hope to find the murderer of my mother.
"No, he's just having a bad day. Plus this it the third time only. Did you guys find anything?" I asked him.
"Well we are getting closer to the killer." Hobi said and I nodded.
"Can you guys tell me who that could be?" I asked.
"Well, how should I say this, we are suspecting your biological father for now, but we still need more evidence to prove our suspicion on him. Also do we have no clue where he could be right now. We were able to track down his location for the past couple of years as you know but we are now keeping an eye open for everything.
"A-ah.. I-I see. Is that all you guys have for now?"? I asked.
"No. I'm not here to tell you stuff you already know. I'm here to warn you to be careful from now on. Apparently your father did have younger kids with him in your age according to witnesses. Therefore, we want you to always go home straight after school." Hobi said.
"But I'm still allowed to visit my mother's grave after and before school right?" I asked and he nodded. We talked a little more before he gave me an assuring hug and left.

Just as I wanted to go back to class the bell rung and most of the students and our home teacher were leaving to go home. Entering the class after letting everyone leave I was left being with Jimin just like yesterday. I packed my things and left the classroom in silence to walk to my locker and put some books back inside.

Walking through the silent halls I felt someone following me. Could it be Jimin? Nah. But for security I turned around to be met with.. nothing. That's weird but I kept walking till I reached my locker and put some books inside. Almost all of the students were already gone since it was a friday and 3pm. Since I don't have any homework I decided to visit mom quickly before going home. I left the school ground but for some reason I still felt someone following me and turned around again. Still nobody was behind me.

Am I hallucinating now? Ugh, Yoonji get your shit together, come on.