Chapter XL (Ending V)

G Sans glared at [C/N], already upset about attempting to hurt you in any way. He looked over to you, whether making the next move would harm you greatly or keep you safe. As he turned to look at the killer, he spoke. "Why do you want me dead? Out of everything you can offer in exchange for her safety, why is it that you want to kill me?" 

"There's something about you that's rather odd," they firmly responded. "If I kill you, then something happens to this realm and others as well... I don't know what will happen, but I want you dead. I know what you did all this time." They pressed the blade firmly on your neck. "You prevented so much by using that kid. I was so close to having her and suddenly that shift occurred. Now that the kid is dead, there was something very strange about you." 

"First, let her go. Then we'll discuss this." 

"Why? What if you'll attack me? Her life is the only way in which you'll bother to listen. Right, m'dear?" The knife was slowly cutting the surface of your skin the more they kept dragging you around. 

"Leave me out of this," you shouted, trying to ignore the small amount of pain from the knife. You looked around the room while [C/N] was monologuing, finding any clue that can get you out of the situation. So far, everyone was paralyzed in fear, hoping you'd get out of the situation given soon. To then, one wrong move can get you killed. There was one idea that popped into your mind, but it was rather not a good idea. 

You moved your head, grabbing the flat side of the knife using your teeth. With force, you tugged the knife out of their hands and threw it across the room. You successfully writhed your way out of their grasp, only to punch them right after. "Fucking leave me out of this!" 

"Don't you DARE defy me," [C/N] shouted. 

"Too bad! I just did!" 

G Sans turned to you, impressed how you got out of the situation given at hand. "Princess, you're hella amazing. I love you so much for that." He rolled up the sleeves of his jacket, exposing his bony arms. "I'll take care of this. Get everyone else to safety." He ran toward [C/N] and socked them right in the face. 

"You heard him," you told everyone else. "We need to get you safe! Come on!" You grabbed Mum's hand and dragged her out of the room. Soon after, everyone else followed. Of course it hurt you to see G Sans handle this on his own, especially since everyone else would have helped out. But out of every choice there was, why did he want to take this at a solo manner? 

"I could have hurt him with this spear," Undyne shouted, holding up her spear. "Not like it would matter," said a timid yet depressed Papyrus. "That [C/N] is strong," Alphys said. "I still can't comprehend how [Y/N] once liked a person like them," Asriel said, putting his sword away. "If it's for the best then we shall take orders," Pap said. 

You looked back once more, hoping that G Sans would be able to take care of such issue at hand. There was a strong feeling deep inside you that such decision would be a painful and regretful choice. The closer you walked back to the New Home, the stronger the feeling got. Could it be...? 

Quickly, you pulled Pap's sword out of the scabbard and dashed off. "KEEP METTATON TRAPPED IN THE TRUE LAB!!" 

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GOING," Papyrus shouted. "YOU'RE GOING TO GET YOURSELF--," 

"MY LOVE IS IN HUGE TROUBLE! I KNOW IT!!" 

Papyrus sighed, knowing he won't ever be loved by you. So he turned around and walked to the True Lab. 

It felt like you were running for years, trying to return to the throne room. It could be the path was long but you didn't realize it. Or maybe it could be that you were getting slower than before? It was definitely that, since you remembered running for far longer than you did right at that moment. You continued to run, making you even more tired from running, until you got to the throne room. It was like a torturous pain that no one deserves to suffer, but in the world sometimes everyone needs to suffer like that. You held the sword up high, wondering if there was a threat that needed to be stopped. Your eyes widened the moment you did.