Chapter XXXVIII

You walked back to the house with Alphys and Fuku, trying not look really depressed in front of the rest. Of course, it's really hard since every so often tears flowed down your face and your eyes are becoming a bright red color. It was convenient for Alphys to bring along a handkerchief in a case like this... 

...But how are you going to tell G Sans you're unable? 

Once you returned to the house, you were greeted by a hungover Undyne trying to regain her conscience. "Where... have you gals been," she asked. 

"Story's complicated," Alphys responded. 

G Sans immediately ran from the room to the front door, looking as if it was [C/N] already arriving at the scene. "STAND BACK!!!" Once he took another good look at who was there, he froze. "...Sorry, Princess." 

Remembering earlier, you tried backing away. 

"Is something wrong?" 

Alphys and Fuku slightly trembled. "It's rather complicated," they both said simultaneously. 

"Explain." 

Fuku made the generic surprised anime pose. Alphys made a concerned look; "I forgot he pulls that card."  

"Is there something I shouldn't know about?" 

"Doctor," Asgore shouted, sounding a little sick. "I suggest you don't pressure Alphys like that." 

"WHO IS PRESSURING WHO," Toriel shouted, breaking through a wall with '5th' painted on it. "IS SANS ARGUING WITH WOMEN AGAIN?!" 

"Yeah, pretty much," Alphys said, slowly taking out the popcorn. 

While a heated argument went on, you manage to sneak away from the frenzy. Quickly but quietly, you dashed down into the basement and through the Capital. Of course, due to the presence of [C/N], every monster in the Capital is hidden away. You got to the Judgement Hall, but before you progressed any farther, you heard something. 

"Going anywhere," a voice asked. 

You turned around, thinking it was... 

...But it was Asriel Meemur. 

"Asriel," you said. "Oh, thank you. I thought it was gonna be G Sans." 

"I swore you were about to say 'Thank God'." 

"But technically you are God here." 

"Eh, true." He walked over to you. "What brings you here?" 

"A heated argument back at New Home." 

"About?" 

You tried not to let it slip. Before you knew it, tears started flowing down your face like a river in the summertime. 

"Oh... THAT... I thought someone would tell you by tomorrow." 

You looked up. "...If you knew about it, why didn't you tell me? Why didn't anyone tell me?!" 

He hesitated for a moment before speaking up. "Because... Because you could have died sooner... Look, knowing you, telling you about it really soon is like me already wanting you dead. I didn't want that. No one did. Mum and Pap are already aware of it, and that's why they didn't want you and G to do the risky. I joked about the risky moment so you wouldn't focus about the aftermath. Undyne and Papyrus still doesn't know about you being unable, and if they knew, they'd be so afraid to tell you that they'd constantly tremble. I don't think G Sans knows about it as well, so it's best if we don't bring it up." 

"And here's the part where he shows up." 

"How do you know that?" 

You looked at him. "There's this thing that people in the Surface would understand that happens really often in movies and books."