Chapter XXXIV

( I'm so sorry for the angst and cringe of tears. ;~; )

I waited by the door, really concerned. Three-fourths of the Royal Guards died due to that blasted [C/N], and I'm running out of plans to try to stop them. I just told them all to hide and the King will get the job done.

I haven't seen Sans in a while. For some reason, I actually missed him shouting a lot of mean stuff to me. It doesn't seem normal to be around the house alone, since I feel not-Papyrus when my brother doesn't give me a reason to be sad about. Then again, if I don't mess up, he would then reward me with cool stuff like a new magic attack or some awesome fighting technique. Even if it's cool and all, I just want to see him again, just because he's the brother I should care about.

Undyne opened the door. Who knew how long it was since I last saw her? Whatever happened during the time, she lost a lot of weight and had many many scars on her arms. She doesn't have her eyepatch and rather had taped bandages over it instead. "What do you want, Papyrus? We just ate."

"Well," I said. "By any chance, is Sans in there?"

"Yep. Just had THE TALK with the king. I'll fetch him in a bit." There was some screaming from the hall before he returned a bit later. "He said no."

"What? But I'm his brother. Why no?"

"I don't know." She scratched her head, which made her red, combed, untied, long hair even frizzier. "Say, what brings you here?"

"I also need to talk to the King."

"Wait a bit." She walked down the hall. Two minutes later, she returned with King Asgore, who wore his cape over a pink bathrobe. "So what?"

"Anything the matter, Papyrus," the King asked.

I cleared my throat. "The Guards are dead."

"WHAT?!"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"

"No. I'm sorry. I should have done something in the first place. I should have went after him from the start instead of going into hiding." He turned to the hall. "ASRIEL! BREAK THE BARRIER IF WE DON'T MAKE IT OUT ALIVE!" He turned to me. "I'll be after him in a bit. In the meantime, step inside."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

You walked out of the room, hearing a lot of shouting. "What's going on," you asked. While Alphys ran down the hall with only a towel covering her body, Asriel screamed like those goats you see on YouTube videos. You walked out of the room followed by G Sans right behind you, wondering what is going on. "Where's Mum and Pap?"

"The King and Queen left a while ago," Papyrus said. Like the time you woke up in a place full of a weird atmosphere, he wore the same plaid buttoned shirt, blue denim jeans, green jacket, and orange scarf. Once he saw you, he smiled even greater. "Hello, Princess."

"Hey, Papyrus," you nervously said. Though you didn't see G Sans, you had the strong feeling he is glaring at his own brother maliciously. "What up?"

"The sky. Now, I was told to watch you all, instructed by King Asgore."

"Daddy Asgore," G Sans said before he covered his own mouth. "Sorry."

"Any way, I would have to check up on everyone. I don't know what you guys do for fun since I haven't seen you guys in months, but I'll make sure you guys have fun as well."