Chapter VIII

Soon enough, your seventeenth birthday rolled around. Even before everyone woke you up to celebrate the day of your birth, you were up, excited. How, you ask yourself. How are you now excited for your own birthday? Maybe it's because you now know how many beings care about you? Probably because G Sans would get you something real special for someone like you? Whatever that reason was got you really excited. But in order for you to not go crazy over it, you remained still on your bed, trying to not let it affect you. 

Mum and many other monsters walked in your room, wearing party hats and holding streamers and confetti. They circled around your bed, excited how they were all going to wake you up. "Shh," Mum said. "On the count of three, we'll say 'happy birthday' to her. Ready? One... Two... Three..." Simultaneously, everyone shouted, "Happy Birthday, [Y/N]." 

You jolted 'awake' from the sound of monsters saying 'Happy Birthday' to you. Like often, you felt really happy to hear that. "What?" It took you a while to 'process' what happened. "Oh... Wait! Is it my birthday already?" 

"Yes it is," Flowey said, a party horn in his mouth. "Happy Seventeenth Birthday, [Y/N]!" 

"Thank you all," you said, smiling like an idiot. 

"Why not get this party set up for the birthday girl," Mum said. "I'll make even better treats this year." 

And straight away, many monsters ran out of your room to set up for the party. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* 

You sat by the tree in front of the house, thinking over many things. You knew G Sans can't possibly be at the party, not even for a small amount of time, mostly because Mum would question it big time. Flowey is too busy planning many things for you party with the Froggit that now became his temporary girlfriend. Then, out of nowhere, Napstablook came into thought. You wondered where he was since he never missed a party of yours the time you arrived. 

Impatient, you walked around the Ruins to see where the ghost might have ended up. You looked at the remains of the small kingdom town, the spider bake sale area, the rooms with colored switches, everywhere. Sadly, no luck. You walked back to the house, upset how you can't find the ghost. Once you got back to the house, you see Napstablook by the tree, holding a present box in [f/c] wrappings. "Blooky," you shouted. 

"Hey, Princess [Y/N]," Napstablook said. "Sorry I'm late. My cousin screamed curse words at me again, and my other cousin forced me to clean the houses. They even pushed me as far as curse at me while I clean Undyne's house." He placed the present box on your head, balancing it. "Here's a present I got you with my hard-earned money because you deserved it." 

"Thank you, Blooky." You grabbed the box and walked the ghost over inside the house. Then, you placed the present box along with all the others on your bed. "You're such a very nice ghost." 

"I heard G Sans got you something real nice for you," the ghost said. He did see other monsters chatting away, playing with handheld puzzles, but he didn't seem to mind. "I'll give you a hint. What he happen to get you is pretty expensive, if you ask me." 

"He shouldn't be spending a lot of money on me. Why would he do that?" 

He ghost glared at you. "How many times did he tell you? It has to be at least three-hundred and forty-three times that he's been reminding you of how much he truly loves you." 

"Oh. That. I'm so sorry." You felt like an idiot, already forgetting the many times he reminded you of his love for you. 

"It's okay. But seriously, he's willing to go as far as getting you expensive birthday gifts because of his tremendous love for you. Don't ask me how he loves you as if you two have been dating for years, but it's just that great. Even Dogamy and Dogaressa are jealous about the amount of love there is in the relationship!"