[Chapter 26] I'll Never Let You Go

oh my gosh guise, last chapter left until the epilogue! Awe. But on the bright side, you'll get a sneak peek on my next book coming in late May called Followed. Yeah I'm excited because it's nothing like this book. Well, I'll let u continue to bite your nails off because of this emotional chapter ahead. Enjoy!

Chapter 26 I'll Never Let You Go

Cassidy's P.O.V.

My head shot up immediately as I gained consciousness. I squinted my eyes opened and observed my surroundings. I knew I was in a building that was not even close to something a person would live in due to it's stone walls. There wasn't much I could see; because there was very poor lighting in here. As far as I could see, there weren't even any windows in this room. One spotlight shone right above me, but it wasn't enough to capture the details of where I might be. A chill ran through my body as I tried to comprehend of where I might be. All I knew is that we were in the one place I hated with all my soul. As for me, I sat uncomfortably in the poofy and now ruined prom dress I was still in. I sat in an wobbly wooden chair, hands tied tightly together to the back of the chair, but feet remained unharmed by this skin eating rope, digging into my skin.

Suddenly, my thoughts fell into silence when I heard a low stifled moan. My eyes darted towards the source in front of me and they widened at the sight. The figure was at a fair distance from me but I surely could make out it's features. It definitely was a man from what I could make out and sure didn't look too good. He was tied just the same way I was, but his ankles were tied to the legs of the chair. I also noticed that from the muffled moans coming from his mouth as he struggled to break free, that something must have been tied over his mouth to keep him from talking.

"You're just making it worse you know?" I tried to help, sending a reassuring smile, but that fell flat from my face when the figure locked eyes with mine.

My body froze, but unlike him he shook vigorously desperately trying to get to me. From under the cloth it seemed like he was screaming with anger, but on the outside it was just muddled mumbles.

"Hey, hey. Stop it's okay Danny, I'm fine I promise," I tried to calm him down with soothing words, but his focus was breaking free to try and save me, "Daniel stop."

Fortunately, he listened but his glare was on my tied hands as if the daggers in his eyes would suddenly cut the rope, "Look at me," I ordered softy.

Danny raised his eyes up to meet mine and I took the time to look at him. Although he was dressed casual, but you could tell that he has went through tough times by the way his clothes were dirty and messed up now. His beautiful face was now covered in dried blood and bruises and I can't help but to see the pain and dedication in his eyes. This made me feel even more guilty because it pains him to see me like this and he is so desperate to keep me safe, he didn't even focus on his own pain.

"This isn't your fault," I knew he had to be killing himself for this.

Danny hung his head low and shook it in disapproval.

"If we should be playing the blame game here then I'll be the first to say that this is all my fault," Daniel glared at me but I continued, "No really it is. If I would have just left everyone out of my problems, none of you would be involved and it would be just like old helpless me here to get what she deserves."

My face went towards the bottom of my dress as I listened to the sound of them clicking together, "Now that you and Cam are in this, makes my suffering even worse," I whispered.

So yeah, I was back to my depressing state but who could blame me? If you were in my place and saw Daniel, the one who holds a special place in your heart suddenly beat up because they felt the need to get involved with your problems, would you feel like she way I am? Only who was crazy would say no. My heels clicked more as I continued my day thoughts, but suddenly an idea struck me. I can move my legs! And if I can move my legs, then I can move the chair!