18: Explaining

“Don’t you have school?” Liz asks me as I sit on the couch with Kathryn in my arms.

“Yeah, but I don’t have enough money for a babysitter,” I sigh and put the pacifier into her mouth, holding it long enough for her to get the hang of sucking on it herself.

“I can watch them, Ella,” she says and I shake my head.

“No, you’re already giving me a place to live, and I’m sure the girls kept you up last night. I couldn’t ask for you to take care of them too,” I shake my head and she smiles.

“Ella, you need to go to school, and they’re my granddaughters, I’ve raised three of my own. They’ll be safe, if you leave soon you’ll be able to get there on time,” she says and I nod setting Kathryn down on her blanket on the floor.

I walk back into Luke’s room, and glance around a bit, one picture in particular catches my eye. It was a day a long time ago back at the mall it was our second date, and we had been together for a couple of days

 “Can we get ice cream?” I beg Luke and he nods laughing. He takes my hand and we walk to an ice cream shop near the front of the mall.

“I want cookies and cream, please,” I smile at the lady behind the counter, and then Luke orders mint chocolate chip.

“What is your favorite color?” Luke asks as we sit down at a table, both of us holding our ice cream cones.

“What?” I ask laughing.

“You’re favorite color,” he says and I laugh again

“Purple,” I smile, “What about you?” I ask and he shrugs

“Blue,” he brings the spoon to his lips slurping obnoxiously.

Once we finished our ice cream we are walking out he tugs my hand to the middle of the mall.

“Luke, what are we doing?” I laugh following him

“We need to take pictures,” he says and I laugh nodding. We climb into the little booth and sit beside each other. Luke presses the buttons picking a theme and then pressing the button saying we’re ready.

I run my fingers over the pictures, the top one we’re smiling cutely, the second he’s trying to lick my cheek and I’m laughing trying to get away from him. The third we are looking at each other intently, and then the forth he leaned in and our lips were locked. It was our first kiss, and we were lucky enough to have it documented. There were two different strips, one that I got, and the second was this one. I flip it over and see a note written on the back.

‘7/21/12 Ella Morgan Dawson our first date and kiss, couldn’t have been better <3’

I smile and put the picture back where I found it, and walk over to my bag. I grab a pair of high waisted shorts and a tank top. Paired with some wedges, I let my blonde hair fall into natural waves and walk out to the living room with my school bag, Luke’s keys, and the bag with the girl’s stuff in it.

“So, they have bottles, pacifiers, diapers, wipes and everything you could possibly imagine in here,” I tell Liz setting the bag down on the couch, “Here’s my number, call me if you need anything,” I quickly jot down my number.

“Calm down, head to school, I got them,” She smiles. I, without thinking, lean down and hug her.

“Thank you, it means so much,” I say quietly and pull back. She smiles at me.

“It’s no problem, Ella. Luke made a good choice even though I don’t fully approve,” she says frowning slightly

“I understand, Liz, and I hope that one day you realize that I do everything I can for him,” I smile

“I do, Ella, I do, now head off to school, you’re already late,” she shoos me. I lean down and kiss the girls before rushing out the door and getting into Luke’s car.

---

“El, where have you been?” Christopher whispers to me from beside me. We’re sitting in math, and it’s boring as hell.

“I’ll tell you everything at lunch, it’s a lot,” I say frowning and he nods as we both start solving the equations.

A couple hours later, Christopher and I were getting our lunch.

“So what, like, happened?” He asks and I sit down across from him.

“Okay, so Luke left for tour on Wednesday, then yesterday I was like super depressed about Luke leaving and I wasn’t eating and Aria got mad and yelled at me and then kicked me out,” I take a bite of the mac n’ cheese and he gasps

“You’re kidding!” He says stabbing his salad and I shake my head, and swallow, “Wait so where are you living?”

“At Luke’s parent’s house,” I shrug

“I thought they didn’t know you were a mom, though, wasn’t that like surprising,” he asks waving his fork in the air. I really love my gay best friend.

“No, Luke apparently told them, and when I got there his mom, Liz, was like telling me that I wasn’t good for him,” I say and his eyes widen, his jaw dropping. I try to hold back a laugh at his expression

“You’re kidding?!” He almost shrieks and I shake my head

“No! And she said that she didn’t want him to take on the responsibility of being a father so young, it was ridiculous,” I sigh taking a bite of my mac and cheese again

“You know, you could’ve came to my house, El, I’m gay, my parents are pretty excepting,” he laughs and shrugs and I nod

“I tried to, but when I called Luke he made me promise to stay at his mom’s house until he came back,” I sigh finishing my mac and cheese and drinking my milk

“Isn’t that like 9 months away?”

“Yeah, but he’s coming back in the end of January, early February,” I say and he nods.

“Well, good luck, mother in laws I’ve heard are pretty bad,” he laughs and I nod. If only he knew the half of it. I haven’t even talked to Luke about the ring, but do I need to?

(A/N)

Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter. I haven't been posting as often as I'd like to so I'm sorry, but I'm just having problems with writers block, so I hope this is okay. Emm check out Illegal Love! It has 4 chapters up already!

This book only has 12 chapters left:( but then we're on to Runner so that will be fun!:)

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!:) xx <3

xx _DatWriterChick xx