3: Bowling

“So, I heard you and Luke before we left,” Aria comments as we drive to the bowling alley.

“Oh,” I sigh, “You probably want to know what we were talking about then,” I say looking over at her, she doesn’t respond and only concentrating on the road.

“Only if you want to tell me,” she says. I nod

“I just don’t understand why he’d want to still stay with me after everything, like why he would even bother. He could have any girl in the world in a couple months and he’s choosing me. I told him all of this and he got irritated,” I sigh, Aria nods understandingly

“Ashton and I have had that argument many times. Why he’d come back after all these years, why he’d want to try to make an effort. I finally understand it, and maybe you’ll understand it when you’re older and you’re relationship has matured,” she says and I groan

“No, I won’t understand it when I’m older, okay; I’m going to understand it now. I’m not waiting until I’m older, I’m going to have a freaking baby how much more maturing do I need?” I groan resting my head against the cool window.

“I know, Ella, let’s just forget about it and have a good time, kay?” her shoulders slump as she focuses on the road. I watch the cars and buildings pass quickly, only a blur of colors. Kind of like my life, everything is a blur; it’s just a spiral of everything, the baby, Luke, Ashton and Aria, the twins, school, trying to keep secrets, life in general. It’s swirling all around me. I feel like everyone has had this point in their life, the point when they’re just confused by everything, everything is just a blur and you can’t keep up. You just hurry up though the day so you can sleep, because when you sleep you forget everything, even if just for a few hours, or even a few minutes, everything that was on your mind, isn’t there anymore.

We pull into the bowling alley parking lot and get out of the car in silence. Something seems to be bothering Aria, but I can’t tell what it is.

“Aria, what’s up with you? Something’s bothering you,” I say, avoiding people coming out of the automatic doors.

“It’s nothing, El,” She says shrugging. I sigh; I’m not going to be able to get this out of her easily. She’s never been someone to confess everything, especially in public. Maybe I’ll be able to get it out of her.

“Welcome to Ten Pin Bowling Alley, you can head to the front desk to get your shoes or you can head back there and get some snacks. I hope you have a great time here,” Some guy welcomes us with an overly friendly attitude and an over exaggerated smile. I mentally roll my eyes at the guy and follow Aria to the front desk.

“How long will you guys be playing?” The guy asks in an annoyed tone, his head down facing the desk as he writes down something. He lifts his head and I immediately recognize him, Derek.

It’s the first day of school, I’m as nervous as hell. I know literally no one and I’m completely lost. I look back down at my schedule, room 231-Mathmatics great, first class on the first day is my worst subject.

“Hey, you look lost,” a boy with dark brown almost black hair asks. He’s pretty cute; it’s up in a little quiff, the sides of his head shaved. His darker complexion working well for him, I nod slowly at the attractive guy.