4: You Fool

***2 MONTHS LATER***

It's New Year's Eve and it's honestly looking like it'll be the best night ever. I've become pretty big, and I only have 2 months left, which sounds like a lot longer than it actually is. Luke and I chose not to know the sex of the baby; we wanted it to be a surprise so we don't know.

"What if you are having twins? I mean, you're pretty big, babe," Luke says rubbing my belly from behind. I smack his leg and hear him laugh.

"Dr. Swanson says it's just water weight. It happens a lot, there's just a lot of fluid in there with the baby," I say. I can practically see him rolling his eyes playfully.

"Ya know, I was that big in my last month," Aria says walking in the room with a bowl of pretzels, "and it was because Bentley was so much smaller than Brynlee," I roll my eyes at her and take a handful of pretzels from the bowl. Everybody has been telling me I'm going to have twins, even Bentley came up to me the other day and asked if I was having 'two babies'

"Aria!" I say quickly grabbing her hand along with Luke's; I put them side by side on my belly as the baby kicks at their hands.

"Eeek!" Aria squeals in happiness, "hi, baby," she smiles sitting in front of me. The baby stops moving and Aria pulls her hand off.

"That is so cool," she says, a huge smile spreading across her face.

"I think it's gross, it's weird! It makes it feel so real," I say looking down at my belly.

"Ella, come here," Luke says standing up causing me to lose my backrest. I groan standing up from the couch and walking towards him. He grabs my hand leading me out to the backyard.

"Why the hell are we out here? It's freezing out here," I say pulling my cardigan tighter around me, trying to fit it around my belly. I haven't gone shopping much since I've gotten bigger. Aria tried to get me out and shopping, but I thought it was a waste of money considering I already had pretty baggy shirts for the most part.

"Ella, I need to tell you something," he pauses shoving his hands in his pockets, I nod motioning for him to continue, "Well, erm-" I cut him off

"Luke, if you're going to break up with me, just get it over with," I sigh looking away from him. He's never this nervous it has to be something big, right?

"Ella, baby, how could you think something like that?" He puts his hand on the side of my face, the other one intertwined with my hand. I turn back to face him, confusion filling his face. I shake my head

"I'm sorry, I just, you're so nervous, you're never this nervous, Luke," I admit keeping eye contact with him.

"This is not a goodbye, El, this is a thank you. Thank you for coming into my life and giving me joy, thank you for the memories I will cherish forever, and yeah, it may sound poetic but your thoughts are engraved in my heart. Your sweet name etched on my heart forever. I breathe for you, live for you, you're my only hope. You and this baby you carry. I don't care about Malachi, because he is not the true father. As we come closer to your due date I realize how real this is becoming and I'm stepping up to be the father, El, I want to be there for our precious baby, or babies, I want to watch him or her grow and become a person I'd be proud to call my child. I've never felt this way towards anything or anyone until you came along. You've made my life so much better than what it was before. Ella, I love you, you mean everything to me, Ella," he finishes as a tear slips down my cheek. I stare at him at a loss for words as he looks at me with pleading eyes. As if begging me to repeat the same words he just spoke to me.

He wants me to give him my love; he wants me to repeat the three little words that mean so much. His face twists back into confusion, and I see him mentally shutting himself out, building up walls, his hand falls out of my hand to his side. I shake my head, wiping another tear from my cheek.

"I knew I shouldn't have said it, I'm sorry for all the damn trouble I've caused you," he says just above a whisper turning around, his back facing me.

"Ella, maybe it's better if we take a break. We both figure out our feelings then we can decide from there," I see his arm lift to his face, probably wiping away tears before he turns to face me.

"You, fool, I didn't answer because I didn't know what to say. Luke, I love you, more than anyone could ever imagine. I really do love you, I don't know how to tell you because I'm afraid of this four letter word, love, I'm afraid of the power the small word possesses. It holds such a great meaning and I don't want to lose it. I'm scared to use it for anything, Luke." I step towards him, wrapping my arms around his neck. He relaxes at my touch and his arms wrap around my waist as best as possible around my belly. I shift myself so I'm leaning into him more comfortably.

We stand in silence, only quiet sounds of rain droplets hitting the roof, occasional cars passing. It'd been minutes before I pull back from his grasp

"Luke, I love you," I stand on my tippy toes kissing him with passion. Until I feel a sharp pain in my stomach

"Uggh," I pull back from the kiss, tears forming at the corners of my eyes as the pain continues, before passing slightly.

"Owe, Luke, it hurts," I grab his hand squeezing tightly. He rubs my back, and kisses my forehead trying to calm me.

"It's time," I say tears slipping down my cheek.

"No, it can't be, it's too early,"

(A/N)

Hey guys! So I hope you liked this chapter! I loved writing it. So, let me explain why I fail at updating.

Okay, I know I'm bout to use huge excuses but this is really what's going on right now. My schedule is sooo busy.

Picture on the side is a random picture of a girl at about 8 months  of course it depends on the person---->

COMMENT YOUR PREDICTION! I REALLY LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK PLEASE COMMENT VOTE AND FOLLOW!

I LOVE YOU ALL MY PRETZELS:) xx <3

xx _DatWriterChick xx