9: Date Night

“M-Malachi?” I stutter, Luke moves in front of me protectively, now realizing who it was that was in the same café as me. The person who I never wanted to see again, a cunning smirk was playing on his lips.

“Protecting you’re little girlfriend?” He asks laughing coldly. I look around the café, not many people are in here. One man in the corner lounge with headphones on, messing with his laptop, a woman sat in the lounge near him, on her phone, headphones in sipping from her coffee. I focus my gaze back to Malachi.

“I have a right to see my kids, ya know,” he says and I nod lightly behind Luke.

“You do, but until you have any sort of custody or any agreement through the court, I can deny you seeing them all I want,” I say.

“Them?” He asks confused

“Yeah, I had twins, two girls,” I say, and he nods slowly looking down at the floor.

“W-What are their names?” He asks almost nervous, any sort of intimidation gone.

“Kathryn Elizabeth Ava Dawson and Leah Rae Dawson,” I say calmly stepping towards him. Luke wraps his arms around my waist protectively.

“Can I see them?” He asks quietly.

“Hell no y” Luke starts and I cut him off

“I’ll think about it, Malachi,” He nods, “I’ll text you when you can see them, okay?”

“No, I want to see them now,” he says in a demanding tone

“Not now, I’m on a date night with my boyfriend, you can see them tomorrow,” I try compromising

“Wow, already out with your boyfriend, so soon?” He asks mockingly

“Yes, I am, it’s none of your business who or when I’m out as long as I’m a good mother. Right now they’re in loving hands so you can see them tomorrow,” I say turning around and walking sassily to the counter.

“Hi, what would you like?”

“Upside down Iced Caramel Macchiato extra foam, extra whip, caramel drizzle to go,”

“Name?”

“Primrose Everdeen,” I tell her. She smirks and I hand her the money and walk over, sitting across from Luke at a table.

“I barely heard what you ordered and that sounds like the most complicated thing ever,” He says and I laugh.

“I don’t know, it tastes good, did you want anything?” I ask realizing I totally forgot to ask.

“No, thanks babe,” he smiles grabbing my hand as I check my Instagram. Nothing new, I sigh exiting out of Instagram just as I hear my drink being finished.

“Primrose Everdeen!” The brunette behind the counter yells in a British type accent.

“I volunteer as tribute!” I yell to the barista, she smiles as I take my cup from her, “Nobody has ever done that before so thank you,” I pause looking at her shirt, “Ashlee,” I smile. She leans over the counter getting closer

“Is that Luke Hemmings?” She asks pointing to Luke; I turn around looking at him being distracted.

“Yeah,” I smile

“Wait, oh my gosh, you’re Ella Dawson aren’t you?” She asks her eyes widening and I nod slowly

“You had the baby!”

“Babies,” I correct

“Wow, well good luck with them,” she smiles. I nod walking over to Luke.

“Who was that?” He asks standing up from the table. I shrug and he takes my hand and we walk out of Starbucks.

“Where are we going?” I ask him and he shrugs.

“I just want to be with you,” he whispers kissing my cheek. I take a drink of my coffee from my straw.

“I have to be back by 9 though,” I remind him

“I know, Ella,” he sighs

“Sorry, I was just reminding you,” I say quietly. He shakes his head, and squeezes my hand.

“I don’t want to fight with you, let’s just enjoy the night,” he says and I nod pulling him to a stop.  We turn to face each other, I drop his hand, and wrap my arms around his neck, careful not to drop my coffee, his hands finding my waist and pull me closer to him. I get on my tippy toes, pressing my lips to his in a sweet kiss. He pulls back all too soon and he smiles at me.

“C’mon, I want to show you something,” he smiles taking my hand and pulling me along. His long legs making me have to almost jog after him just to keep up.

“Where are we going?” I ask as we walk towards a random park. He lets go of my hand and takes off towards the swings. I walk towards him, I would run, but I’m not gonna risk my coffee being spilled. Nuh uh.

“El, hurry up!!” Luke yells after me and I shake my head laughing.

“I’m not risking my coffee’s life for you, Luke!” I yell back jokingly. I finally reach him and he pouts sitting on the swing. I walk over to him, my arms resting on his shoulders as I stand between his legs.

“What’s wrong babe?” I ask kissing his forehead lightly

“You said the coffee was more important than me,” he looks up at me pouting, and I giggle lightly. I press my lips to his and he immediately kissed back. His arms wrapped securely around my waist, he pulls my weight towards him, signaling for me to sit in his lap, and I step in between the chains on the swing and rest on his lap. He starts moving us backwards and me pull back looking to my right, we’re actually swinging!

“We’re swinging!” I say happily. It’s been so long since I’ve been in a park, much less swinging! I grab onto the chains and lean into him again. He puts his feet down to stop us, he lets go of the chains and we fall.

“Owwww” He groans. I laugh at him and stand up, brushing off my leggings. He groans but stands up and I brush the dirt off his back.

“Let’s stick to making out on safe surfaces,” I suggest and he nods.

“This is solid,” he says grabbing my hands pulling me towards a table.

“Waiiitt, I dropped my coffee,” I pout, and he wraps his arms around me pulling me in for a hug. He sits down on the bench and I straddle him leaning in for another kiss. Until my phone interrupts us, it’s Aria.

“Hello?” I say sighing. Luke starts kissing my cheek, and down to my neck, then back up. I squirm trying not to start giggling.

“Ella, Malachi is here, get back here"

(A/N) 

Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter. Any predictions for next chapter? Comment them below! So there is 21 chapters left of this and that actaully isn't a lot. So I hope you guys liked this chapter, I'll try posting tomorrow! I love you guys! xx

xx _DatWriterChick xx