12: Understanding

*LUKE’S POV*

“She’s relapsing because of you!” Aria says over the phone, relapsing? Relapsing with what?

“What do you mean relapsing?” I ask clueless and she scoffs through the phone.

“She’s cutting again, Luke, and you’re the reason!” she yells then hangs up on me. Ella, my princess, I cutting again and it’s my fault. I could’ve stopped her if it wasn’t for my stupid ass scared of the future. I’m terrified of what the fans will think, what my mom would think, what everyone would think. I haven’t even told my mom that Ella was ever pregnant. She didn’t know anything I’ve been avoiding it purposely. IF I wasn’t so stupid I’d have my princess wrapped in my arms, telling her how much I love her. Telling her what she means to me, telling her that she’s everything, but no, I screwed up, big time.

*ELLA’S POV*

I left the house with the girls and Christopher picked me up and now we’re at the mall. Aria wanted to talk about it but I told her no and she just agreed to leave it and then I left.

“What about this?” Christopher asks grabbing a high-low black dress with a cross pattern on the bottom. I smile and nod eagerly.

“Can you hang out with them while I try it on?” He nods and pushes the stroller behind me over to the dressing rooms. He sits on a waiting bench and I quickly slip in the dress. It fits perfectly and I step out to show Christopher.

“Oh my god, babe, you look gorgeous!” He says clapping happily. I laugh at him and step back in the dressing room and changing into my jeans again.

“How much was it, Christopher?” I ask through the dressing room, and I hear him laughing. I finish getting dressed and he’s doubled over laughing.

“We’re at the 15 dollar store, El, how much do you think it is?” I join him in laughter until Leah decides to cry. I sigh handing Christopher the dress and pick up Leah rocking her lightly. She calms down a bit so I shift her so I can hold her in one arm then push the stroller with the other hand. Christopher leads the way into another store.

---

About 2 hours later, we decide to leave and let’s just say, the bottom of the stroller is stuffed full, mostly with Christopher’s stuff, but I needed some stuff too. I grab the bag off the counter and thank the woman and Christopher and I head out of the store.

“What a good shopping day!” Christopher claps happily, “Ooohh…” he says stopping.

“What are you doing?” I ask then follow his gaze to the person who broke me. Luke. I gasp without meaning to and just stare. He’s with a girl, he moved on that fast? Wow, good for him then. Luke and my eyes meet, his eyes widen at the shock.

I don’t want to give him the pleasure of knowing I’m surprised. I act as if I’m not surprised, and as if him with another girl doesn’t hurt, doesn’t make me want to go visit my old friends and slide them across my damaged wrists. As if I haven’t cried nonstop since he left. I gather my composure and tugs Christopher’s hand and we walk towards the mall. The blonde with Luke is talking nonstop, but his eyes haven’t left me. I, as confidently as possible, strut towards the door dragging Christopher with me. The tension between us is obvious and I think everyone in the mall has sensed it and turned their attention to us.  

“Ella,” I hear Luke whisper as I walk past him. I don’t listen to him and I ignore him and the girl as she begs him to do something. He drops her hand and tries following us. He grabs my arm and spins me around. Before I can process what he’s doing, my sleeve is up revealing the bandage.

“You’re relapsing…” he says his tone low and calm. He wraps his hands around my wrist and pulls the bandage off, fresh and old cuts lay buried deep within my wrist. He leans down to kiss them and I pull my arm away from him. He looks back up at me; hurt is practically written on his face.

“Don’t,” I warn, “You have a girl toy over there shouldn’t you be entertaining her?” I ask

“You think that I’m with her, like dating her?” He asks shocked

“What else would she be here for? It’s obvious you didn’t want to be with me, not surprised you ran off to this girl,” I say scoffing.

“That’s my cousin, Ella,” he says in the most accusing tone possible shaking his head repeatedly.

“I’d cover up for myself too,” I say lowly staring into his eyes, glaring almost.

“You really think I’d get over you that fast?” He asks hurt and I nod slowly.

“You obviously left me for a reason, and maybe this girl is your reason,” Tears are blurring my vision, but I push them back. I can’t cry because of him, hell, I’ve cried for the past week because of him.

“I meant it when I said I loved you,” he says confused, his eyebrows furrowed together.

“Key word, loved,” I say and he shakes his head.

“No, I still love you, Ella, why can’t you see that? I’ve been a damn mess since you’ve left-“I cut him off.

“Since I left?! You’re the one who left me crying in my front yard, you’re the one who walked away saying it was ‘best for us’ it’s not best for anyone, Luke! I’ve been crying for a week straight because of you! You’ve left me when I needed you most and you think it’s the best?! And you’re the mess? You haven’t had two kids to take care of! You haven’t had to put on a smile and act happy for two little girls who depend on you! You haven’t had to keep two human beings alive! I’ve had to do all of that, Luke, I’ve had to feed them, change them, bathe them, and do everything that you were supposed to help me with. I trusted you with everything, Luke, and you betrayed my trust, my everything. I trusted you with my heart, my kids, my life, and you broke me. You broke me,” I whisper the last part and he steps closer to me.

“I didn’t do this for selfish reasons; I did this for you,”

“Then tell me how this is bettering me! How it’s helping us!” I complain.

“Twitter okay? That’s what it was!” I give him a confused look and he pulls out his phone I watch as he opens the Twitter app, typing in something and showing it to me.

@LukesBabe: @ElDawson is gross and a slut, doesn’t deserve my babexx #GoAwayElla

@OopsDidItAgain: Luke could do so much better #GoAwayElla

@FiveSecondsofPerfection: Wow Luke going for sluts now? She even has a kid! Wow gross tbh #GoAwayElla

@SluttyElla: My name says it all tbh #GoAwayElla

The tweets kept going on and on, endless things. I’m a slut, a whore, a gold digger.

“They hate me,” I whisper staring at the brown tiled mall floor.

“It’s better this way, Ella, I’m sorry,” he kisses my forehead and just like that, he left…again.

 (A/N)

Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter. So Lulla is still separated:( I cant' tell you how long this will go on for just cause that's a huge spoiler lol, but there might be a happy ending for them, and there might not be! Can't say! Okay..nothing to say so I LOVE YOU GUYS!!:) xx <3

xx _DatWriterChick xx