10: Because I Love You

“How are we going to get back there?” Luke asks after we start our mild jog.

“We run,” I say to him picking up pace slightly and he pulls me to a halt.

“El, it’s like 2 miles away,” he complains. I shake my head pulling my arm away from him.

“This is our daughter’s we’re talking about!” I practically yell and he steps closer to me.

“They aren’t my daughters,” he turns leaving me dumbfounded, he just stated that they aren’t his daughters, yet he always talked about how he is their father no matter what.

“You really just used that line, Luke? Wow, well whatever come back when you want to, I have two baby girls back home to raise,” I turn around and start running, my boots click as they hit the pavement of the sidewalk. My hair flies around, sometimes blocking my vision by covering my face. Literally never, but these are my daughter’s lives, I have no idea what’s going to happen. Malachi could be drunk for all I know, he had a drinking issue when we were dating and whenever he’s upset that’s what he relies on. It’s like a coping mechanism. I slow down, to catch my breath. I hear footsteps behind me. I flip around, it was just Luke.

“Back to tell me how much you don’t want kids?” I scoff turning around and walking quickly away from him.

“Ella, stop,” he says and I keep walking, ignoring him.

“Ella, just stop,” I stop turning around only the dim street lights making it able for me to see him.

“What, Luke? You want me to stop so you can tell me you don’t want to be a dad after you said you’d be a father? Do you want to break up with me? Do you? Because I don’t have time for this right now, I have to go save my kids, so bye,” I turn around and he grabs my arm.

“Ella! Stop, I’m sorry, okay?”

“No, Luke, it’s not okay. You don’t understand you really don’t understand this do you?” I shake my head at him, “You don’t understand how much that hurts, that you rejected the kids you said you wanted and now you’re rejecting them,” I say exasperated.

“I’m not rejecting them!” He argues back

“You are though! You shouldn’t have led me on. I should’ve known that you didn’t love me, that you didn’t care. What were you using me for anyway? I don’t have anything that you could’ve taken from me! You’re such an asshole, if this was how it was going to end, I shouldn’t have even began,” I sigh shaking my head at myself, looking down at the ground

“How it’s going to end?” He asks, his voice cracking at the end. I

---

“Malachi,” I say calmly walking up to him.

“Let me s-see my k-kiddsss!” He slurs and stumbles towards the front door, pounding on the door again.

“I’m calling the police,” Luke says behind me and I shake my head and turn around.

“I’ve dealt with this before, I’ll handle it,” I tell him.

“Are you crazy? You aren’t staying out here by yourself. I’m staying here and I’m going to call the police!” he insists and I shake my head.

“Luke, don’t make this harder than it is!” I yell at him walking towards Malachi grabbing him by the arm and taking him in the house. I take him in the kitchen and he stands by a counter as I reach up grabbing a cup and start to fill it up when I feel my jacket and tank top riding up on my waist and cold, unfamiliar hands gripping my waist.

“Malachi, get off of me,” I say sternly shutting off the sink and I try to turn around but his grip tightens and he pulls me closer to him, by back pressed up against his chest. Only a few months ago, I enjoyed this, now I feel dirty, gross, used. His chin rests against my shoulder and he presses his lips to my neck, sucking lightly. I squirm in his grip and try to get out of it, but he grips tight on my waist sure to leave bruises in the morning.

“Malachi,” I say trying to get him off of me.

“I love it when you say my name, baby,” he whispers against my neck, he sucks harder and it’s going to leave a hickey, I already know. “I left my mark, you’re boyfriend and everyone will know you’re mine,” he says slurring words as he sucks in a new spot on my neck. I look at the water in the glass that I’m holding and fling the glass towards my shoulder and splash him in the face.

“You bitch!” he yells. I set the glass on the counter and run towards the front door, opening it and seeing Luke sitting in the slightly wet grass.

“Luke!” I yell and run towards him; he ignores me and looks forward at the empty street. “Please, Luke, he’s trying to hurt me,”

“I told you he would, but you didn’t believe me,” he states calmly, not looking anywhere else except for the street.

“I know, I’m stupid, but please help me,” I beg.

“I think I should be going now,” he gets up and kisses my cheek lightly and walks away towards his house.

“You’re really leaving me?” I ask and he turns around, facing me

“I can’t leave someone who has already left me,”

“What are you talking about, Luke? I never left you!” I say, tears threatening to fall.

“We need to take a break, Ella, I’m sorry,”

“You’re leaving me when I need you the most,” My voice cracks as tears fall down my cheeks

“You obviously don’t need me,”

“But I do, Luke! I need you more than I need air; I need you more than I’ve ever needed anything. Please don’t do this Luke!”

“It’s better this way, Ella,” he says stepping towards me, “Now, don’t cry, because you’re too beautiful to cry, I love you,” he kisses my cheek and turns around again leaving me helpless

“If you loved me, you wouldn’t do this,” I croak, hiccupping slightly from crying.

“I’m doing this because I love you,” and then he was gone.

(A/N)

Hey guys! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

So Lulla is split :( Just so you guys know, I literally haven't planned any of this like whatsoever. Some authors plan out every single chapter, yeah I don't. I write whatever comes to mind, I'm terrible at holding a schedule as you guys know.

Also, you might be wondering, after this what I'm doing. Well, I actually haven't figured it out. I'm going to write Runner then Finding Sister, but after that I'm completely clueless. I have some ideas but nothing set in stone. It is going to be an AU though cause I haven't written any of those.

I LOVE YOU GUYS:) xx <3

xx _DatWriterChick xx