15: I'll Always Come Back

“Luke, I have no idea what to do, they have not stopped crying!” I cry into the phone. Kathryn and Leah have both been up for about 20 minutes now, crying. I’ve tried everything, rocking them, feeding them, changing them, everything! They still cry I even tried to play some Five Seconds of Summer music to see if that will help. It’s 4 in the morning and eventually gave up and called Luke, which is where we are now.

“Okay, babe, I’ll be over in a second,” he says in his morning voice.

“Wait, no don’t. I don’t know why I called you. You have to be up early in the morning. I’m sorry, just go back to sleep I’ll figure it out,” I say into the phone. Today is the day; he’s leaving today, for 8 months. 8 months without Luke. I don’t know if I can do this. He’s honestly my rock, my everything. How will I survive?

“You’re more important than any tour, Ella, you and the girls are more important than anything, I’m coming over,” he says hanging up the phone before I can protest.

I try picking them up again, but it doesn’t work, they just cry, and cry, and cry. Honestly, I’m wondering how nobody has woken up from it. Or maybe they have and are hoping I get the girls calmed down soon.

“Hey,” Luke says as he barges into my room. He looks at my teary face and sighs walking over and taking Kathryn, who continues to cry.

“I don’t know what to do,” I sob. Luke shift Kathryn so he can hold her with one arm and rubs my back.

“Shhh….we’ll figure it out, it’ll be okay,” he rubs soothing circles in my back.

“I’m going to get Aria,” I sigh setting Leah down on the bed since she didn’t stop crying, neither did Kathryn. I walk down the hall and walk in quietly. I feel bad for just walking in on them, but I can’t get the kids to be quiet.

“Aria?” I whisper quietly shaking her shoulder where Ashton isn’t holding it, “Aria!” I say a bit louder which causes her to stir. She opens her eyes and stares at me confused.

“What’s wrong, El?” She asks shrugging Ashton’s arms off of her which causes him to groan and shift.

“The kids are crying and I can’t get them to stop and I’ve tried everything and I have no idea what to do,” I sigh and she smiles tiredly and gets up and we walk to the bedroom. The cries get more distinct and I hear Aria sigh slightly.

“What have you tried?” She asks opening the door and shutting it quickly behind her.

“Burping them, changing them, feeding them, rocking them, playing music, literally everything!” I groan and Aria takes Kathryn from Luke and sits on the bed.

“Okay, Luke, do everything I’m doing to Leah,” She says. She lays Kathryn on her over her knees and rubs her back soothingly, and pats it every once in a while.

“Usually it’s because they have gas pains, that’s probably what it was,” she says quietly when they both calm down a bit. She picks her up handing her back to me.

“Thank you so much, Aria!” I smile she nods tiredly and heads back to her room.

“Hey, baby,” I say in a baby voice,

“Hey,” Luke responds winking

“I wasn’t talking to you,” I laugh and he stands up from the bed lying Leah in her crib.

“Well, I’ll be heading off now,” he says walking towards the door. I wrap my fingers around his wrist and stop him.

“Don’t go, it’s four in the morning, and you need to be up in 3 hours. Just stay over here, you don’t need to be out more than you have to at this time,” I say feeling like a mother. He rubs his eyes and runs his hand through his already messy hair. I smile; this is just how I like him.

Morning voice, tired eyes, messy hair, shirtless and sweet and protecting, he’s perfect this way.

“What are you smiling about?” He smirks. I turn around and lay Kathryn down next to the crib by her sister and watch as they squirm about a little bit before falling back into a deep sleep.

“You,” I smile and wink, “Now I’m going to bed,” I crawl back into bed and he joins me wrapping his arms around my waist.

---

“I’m going to miss you so much, Luke,” I say into his chest, my tears soaking his shirt.

“Don’t cry, baby, I’ll be back for break in a few weeks,” he says, choking on his own words, on the verge of tears. I pull back slightly, enough for my eyes to meet his. The usual bright eyes clouded and covered by a layer of tears that he tries to hide.

“Don’t cry, Luke, please,” I beg him, “I’ll see you in a few weeks, okay?” I say and he nods looking down at me. He presses his lips to mine and the mixture of tears, passion and dread. He pulls back, I open my eyes just enough to see him crying. I unwrap one arm from around his waist and wipe the tears with the pad of my thumb. Drying them, he opens his eyes and smiles at me.

“Close your eyes,” he tells me, I do as I’m told and he kisses my cheek then walks off. I stand with my face covered until I hear him come back in.

“Open,” I open my eyes and see an open black box, a silver chain with three charms hanging off of it. One is a silver guitar pick that says ‘I pick you’ on it. Obviously symbolizing, he being a guitarist and the guitar pick. The second was a dog tag looking charm with their lyrics that say ‘She sleeps alone, and my heart wants to go home’. Symbolizing the fact that he’ll miss me; the final charm is a wing, almost like an angel wing. I know exactly what this one is for.

“I’m tired of being here,” I say to Luke staring at the sky.

“I am too,” he sighs shifting closer to me and wrapping his arms around me.

“One day we’ll get away,” I say to him, glancing up at him. He smiles and places a small kiss against my lips.

“One day we’ll fly away from here, we’ll leave and never look back, that’s a promise,”

He promised ever since that night, and continues to promise, that we’ll leave one day, go someplace new and never look back. We’ll make sure it’s where we’re happy and we’ll stay.

“This is perfect, Luke,” I say he pulls it out of the box and walks behind me. I feel the cool metal against my skin as he clasps it around my neck.

“I have the matching one,” he pulls out a longer, manlier chain out of his shirt and shows me. A dog tag that finishes the lyrics ‘I wish I was, I wish I was, beside you,’ the next is a guitar that goes to the pick, and the third is a wing similar to mine, with less detail.

“C’mon, mate, we got to go,” Calum says from the door. Luke looks back at me with sad eyes.

“That’s your cue,” I say and he nods.

“But you always have the final call, if you want me to stay, tell me,” he looks at me with serious eyes.

“You’re doing what you love, that’s all that matters,” I smile at him

“You’re all that matters to me, yeah, yeah,

Ain’t worried about nobody else,

If it ain’t you then I’m not myself,

You make me complete,” he sings quietly to me and leans in pressing a goodbye kiss on my lips.

“I love you, so damn much, Ella, never forget that,” he whispers against my lip.

“Just promise me one thing,” I ask opening my eyes to look at him.

“Anything,”

“Promise me you’ll come back,” I look at him with serious eyes

“I’ll always come back,”

(A/N)

Hey guys! Well, 5SOS is gone! :O Oh and this book is taking place back in 2013 and they just went on tour just so you guys know:)

Okay, so nothing much to sayyyy! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!:) xx <3

ONLY 15 MORE CHAPTERS :O

xx _DatWriterChick xx